DVDVR Message Board

WWE RAW 12/14/15

steve

Good show. I think all these threads will be merged so I'll get my shit in.  Very good show. I loved the hardcore match, much better than their tables match last night and a great crowd makes a big difference.

Vince was awesome all night long. Too many quotables to remember.  Reigns over huge by the end. He killed everyone including McMahon himself. I laughed my ass off when he pushed his limp body off the apron.

And New Day Rocks.

tumblr_nzdrw8OLp81saykaxo1_400.gif

tumblr_nzdrw8OLp81saykaxo3_400.gif

Let's be honest.  Reigns got the Mankind treatment tonight and Vince showed how to put over a new champ and let a heel get his comeuppance.

Everything Vince did was beautiful and it shows how much he was missed.

Evil staredown when he arrives to arrogantly stopping a match to giving Reigns one last chance to pulling out the ref to taking the superman punch to letting Reign kick his lifeless body out of the ring.  Pure gold from Vince and RAW missed him.

Vince demonstrated to HHH and Steph how the arrogant heel gets their comeuppance at the end of the day.  

There is a lesson to be learned from Vince tonight.  

• Like 7

We always blame Vince.

That was classic Vince. "Fuck it, this isn't working, let's just put it on Roman TONIGHT!*. Roll the dice.

Probably not the response you'd want when you finally pull the trigger though, pretty tepid. Wonder if they Dusty it off him next week....

Finally, after trying the Rock ("funny" promos), John Cena (incorruptible babyface), and Daniel Bryan (take countless L's chasing the title) approaches, they realized they needed to give Roman the Austin push (beat the fuck out of everyone in your way). And judging by them getting Philly to cheer Roman, it's working.

On the other hand,  apparently the WWE thinks that offering sincere praise and respect to your opponents the night after a hard-fought match, then daring to celebrate your victory afterwards makes you a heel, while jumping your opponent out of sour grapes makes you a face. 

• Like 3

I'm not going to spend a lot of time in this thread after this morning reading over the absolute shit show of terrible HOT TAEKS people spewed out over the TLC PPV thread, but this was a really fantastic RAW that will be remembered for all the right reasons. A really strong pair of nights for the company that have had so much more good than bad, hopefully they keep the momentum rolling. I totally get that it took them way longer to get here than it should have, but at least now they're here.

• Like 3

We always blame Vince.

That was classic Vince. "Fuck it, this isn't working, let's just put it on Roman TONIGHT!*. Roll the dice.

Probably not the response you'd want when you finally pull the trigger though, pretty tepid. Wonder if they Dusty it off him next week....

I felt like the pop was pretty substantial, honestly. The whole place was "YES"ing when he kicked out of the Brogue.

• Like 2

Fargo ended in time for me to catch the finish. Big pop for the title change, but I'm curious to see if it will carry over. It should help that he actually won the big one without losing it right back. So we get HHH chasing the title now? ugh

The 8 man tag was better tonight. Nice to see Rowan get the pinfall. Brodie Lee would havd been such a natural for ECW.

The reaction for Reigns at the end still seemed pretty lukewarm. I guess having your balls cut off by Stephanie three hours earlier will have that effect.

The 8 man tag was better tonight. Nice to see Rowan get the pinfall. Brodie Lee would havd been such a natural for ECW.

The reaction for Reigns at the end still seemed pretty lukewarm. I guess having your balls cut off by Stephanie three hours earlier will have that effect.

it's true Roman was 1-2 on the night, having previously been pretty badly beaten by both a 70-year-old man and his daughter.

Gotta respect Vincent Kennedy McMahon for stepping up like, GODDAMMIT I'LL GET THIS MOTHERFUCKER OVER, IF I HAVE TO DO IT MYSELF.

In classic Vince fashion, he wasn't afraid to make himself look like a big giant idiot in the end for basically being trolled into giving Reigns a title match then getting knocked out.

• Like 3

I got back from work just in time to watch the end. I looked at that headbutt and said out loud "ha, that was a shoot headbutt"... seconds later, Cole says "he's busted wide open". Called it! Then I said to myself, "they're cheering him in Philly, this worked". Then I come in this thread. Called it! Kicking Vince off the apron was the cherry on top.