DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2015 PHOTO THREAD

Pete

Man, Sullivan slapped the PISS out of Woman in that, and Superstar bladed like a champ. That whole thing is classic. 

There's an attached video where Superstar tears apart the WWWF title and Backlund loses it. That's a really cool angle that would still work today; "If I can't have the belt nobody can" kinda deal. Sounds like something Rollins would do. 

You guys are sleeping on the boner Mean Gene is giving us all 

Well he is next to "Mr. Wonderful"

If Paul Orndorff had shown up in WWF later, like in 88 the Mr. Wonderful gimmick would be totally different!

He'd get video vignettes of him beign a really swell guy taking girls out on mystery dates, wrestling in a pair of chinos and a sweater vest

James

If Paul Orndorff had shown up in WWF later, like in 88 the Mr. Wonderful gimmick would be totally different!

He'd get video vignettes of him beign a really swell guy taking girls out on mystery dates, wrestling in a pair of chinos and a sweater vest

James

Imagine the vignette with him in the gym calling women fat in this day and age. I remember the first time I saw that, sometime in the late 90s I think, and even then it was harsh as shit.

No probs, I remember discovering that Superstar promo when Youtube was first building up steam and being blown away by the angle. I think we take for granted that site these days, it was a total treasure trove of ancient stuff you never thought you'd ever see when it was first launched.

Speaking of Orndorff, no one ever mentions him when they talk about legit tough guys in wrestling but on Flair's podcast they mentioned how he's up there with Haku and Finlay before telling the story about him laying Vader out with one punch

• Like 1

If he got this for his music it would be the best gimmick ever.