DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2015 PHOTO THREAD

Pete

Yeah he'll pass wellness dont worry

He only has to stick around for two weeks.

Stupid question. Since they control the testing, if they wanted to bring him in for two weeks, couldn't they just not test him by choice?

Yeah he'll pass wellness dont worry

He only has to stick around for two weeks.

Stupid question. Since they control the testing, if they wanted to bring him in for two weeks, couldn't they just not test him by choice?

All kidding aside, I think there's a conflation of two things here. Passing a physical that says you're ok to wrestle, and passing a drug test.

I feel like if Tommy Dreamer, a guy with 36 concussions can pass the physical, then Balls could probably pass it, too. The idea that they'll let Dreamer on their shows, but not Bryan makes their whole system a joke. If they won't let Bryan wrestle due to his susceptibility of concussions, they definitely should not have Dreamer or even the Dudleys on their shows. The idea that they won't let a contracted employee wrestle, but will let guys with even more brain injuries on a per date basis is pretty ridiculous. Makes the whole thing look like a sham.

I feel like if Tommy Dreamer, a guy with 36 concussions can pass the physical, then Balls could probably pass it, too. The idea that they'll let Dreamer on their shows, but not Bryan makes their whole system a joke. If they won't let Bryan wrestle due to his susceptibility of concussions, they definitely should not have Dreamer or even the Dudleys on their shows. The idea that they won't let a contracted employee wrestle, but will let guys with even more brain injuries on a per date basis is pretty ridiculous. Makes the whole thing look like a sham.

I think its a matter of Bryan being more of a face for the company.  You can write off the old ECW guys' concussions on their ECW days whereas Bryan's were suffered while working for WWE.  Just a guess.  It is an odd double standard, I'll give you that.

I think its a matter of Bryan being more of a face for the company.  You can write off the old ECW guys' concussions on their ECW days whereas Bryan's were suffered while working for WWE.  Just a guess.  It is an odd double standard, I'll give you that.

I'd say a good amount happened in ROH

For sure. Dudleys, (Bubba in particular) have always been twats. You could see Bubba pulling that shit with New Day until Big E smashed the fuck out of him and he eased up considerably.

Do you have a gif of this? It sounds fun.

For sure. Dudleys, (Bubba in particular) have always been twats. You could see Bubba pulling that shit with New Day until Big E smashed the fuck out of him and he eased up considerably.

Do you have a gif of this? It sounds fun.

apronsplash.gif?format=500w

• Like 2

There's also the fact that the ECW guys aren't expected to be top guys in the company period. If the ECW guys have complications from their concussions, you can pull them from TV and no one would care. If DB comes back and starts having complications, people would actually care if you pull him from TV. As we saw the last time that DB came back, people will also get pissed if he isn't pushed right away. There's more on the line with DB. 

I should be clear that I don't think Bryan should be allowed back in the ring because they're letting the ECW guys do it. It's clearly in the best interest of everyone involved that Bryan is kept out of the ring. I'm saying bringing the ECW guys in, particularly one that has recently talked about how many concussions he's had and how he can't remember shit, is pretty gross. They also shouldn't be allowed to wrestle.