DVDVR Message Board

Survivor Series XXIX

Dolfan in NYC

In one of my sadly normal booking moments, I had Reigns spearing Ambrose to win the match, only for Ambrose to get his foot on the rope to break up the pin. The commentators, audience, and Roman sees this--but the referee doesn't and counts the pin. Ambrose understandly throws a fit and chaos breaks loose as Reigns stands in the corner, trying to figure out what to do. HHH makes his way to the ring, WHC belt in hand, and asks Roman if he saw anything regarding Dean's foot. Desperate to finally win the championship, Roman says no and gets the belt with HHH smirking, Dean screaming bloody murder, and Roman dying inside. Ultimately, HHH gets Reigns to see the advantages of doing what's best for business and Roman becomes an incredibly depraved heel.

Of course, all of this is probably for naught as a certain FELLA is still in the mix.

I can see something similar with Reigns throwing absolutely everything at Ambrose but cant get the win until finally Trips comes down with the sledgehammer which Roman begrudgingly accepts because he wants the belt so bad.

But what if Roman then turns around and hits Haitch with the hammer after he's hit Dean with it? He'd have gotten that "win at all costs" edge that HHH said he was missing, while at the same time, not actually sellout to the Authority. Then we'd end up with some sort of tweener rebel badass.

Reigns taking The Authority's help to double cross Ambrose but only to triple cross the Authority would raise some interesting story telling that I'm not sure wwe creative can manage competently.

This would essentially be WM 17, with Reigns doing what Austin said he should have done on the fly. I think he would have to do this against Owens instead of Ambrose though, or else it would still end up a full heel turn.

Reigns taking The Authority's help to double cross Ambrose but only to triple cross the Authority would raise some interesting story telling that I'm not sure wwe creative can manage competently.

This would essentially be WM 17, with Reigns doing what Austin said he should have done on the fly. I think he would have to do this against Owens instead of Ambrose though, or else it would still end up a full heel turn.

But wouldn't it also risk turning Owens face?

With all the chatter of Ambrose getting the belt, I wonder if the finish will be Sheamus comes out to cash in, makes the match a Triple Threat, goes to Brogue Kick Reigns but Reigns spears Sheamus, Ambrose tosses Reigns out of the ring and pins Sheamus. Then Reigns eventually turns heel because Hunter, rightly, points out that if Reigns had taken his offer, he would be champion right now, not Ambrose. But since he did not get pinned he will get a shot at TLC. Then have Reigns just heel out on Ambrose at TLC.

Can Owens work as a face? (Serious question btw, ive only ever see him be a heel in ROH NXT WWE)

Probably, but it leave Reigns and Owens as faces, while doing it with Ambrose would make it hard to Reigns to stay face.

Can Owens work as a face? (Serious question btw, ive only ever see him be a heel in ROH NXT WWE)

He absolutely can, although he was never what I would call a true face, like say El Generico. He would always bully his tag partner Generico, but would defend him when others went after him. He always had that dickish, smugness in ROH.

OK - you turn Owens face. Then what?

At best, you give him the TLC title shot and maybe the Rumble one, building up to Reigns vs Ambrose at Mania. After that, there's not much there. Gets lost in the shuffle big time.

Keep him heel, you at least get another match with Ambrose at TLC, or a title shot against Reigns as a heel. Then you move forward with the Sami Zayn match at Mania. At least he's good till June that way.

Argh.  Stupid real life.

Take this with enough grains of salt to kill a horse...  Anonymous has apparently reported that Survivor Series is a potential target for an ISIS-backed suicide bomber.  

http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/2015/11/wwe-survivor-series-terrorist-attack/2/

Argh. Stupid real life.

Take this with enough grains of salt to kill a horse... Anonymous has apparently reported that Survivor Series is a potential target for an ISIS-backed suicide bomber.

http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/2015/11/wwe-survivor-series-terrorist-attack/2/

Mohammed Hassan comeback?

We need a "Like but I'm not proud of myself" button.

• Like 1

I wonder if Ambrose heel turn and title win won't have him align with the Authority but with the Wyatt Family.

Have a ref bump, the Wyatts come out and attack Roman, Ambrose pulls them off and looks at Roman and says "Anyone but you!" Hits the Dirty Deeds and wins the belt.

Of course with everything going on the smart move might be Roman/Owens in the final with Reigns winning to send most of the crowd home happy

One of the participants, preferably Alberto, is going to get taken out in the backstage area. A mystery wrestler is slotted into Alberto's spot. Roman Reigns is waiting in the ring for his opponent when some familiar music hits.

Cue Muhammad Hassan's theme