DVDVR Message Board

Raw Spoilers for 11/9/15

victor

so, this tournament isn't being booked the way we expect it to because.... Cesaro got into the second round? What was it CM Punk once said was told to him before a Shield match? "Gotta make Roman look strong."

What about this tournament isn't predictable, as it stands right now? All of the people you expect to win their round one matches tonight did. The matches on Smackdown won't have anything exciting or unexpected. Del Rio will go over Stardust (obvious), Ryback will go over Kalisto (obvious) and Neville & Barrett is a toss-up honestly, but who really cares because it's Neville and Wade Barrett. Even if any of the "underdog" choices did make it to the semi-final or finals... is anyone really clamoring for a Neville main-event run, or for Stardust to be in big programs?

They could have very easily trimmed the fat from 16 to 8 and had a tournament where you could have a match like Dean Ambrose versus Kevin Owens and it really could go either way. But the bigger names are facing smaller names, and unlike the NCAA, this isn't real and they control the outcome. And nobody wants to see Dolph Ziggler vs Wade Barrett in a semi-final match for the WWE Title.

I wish I could quit hate watching WWE, but I really can't. :angry:

I've come to the conclusion Bray Wyatt's gimmick is "Southern World of Warcraft player on hallucinogenics". Approaching it as such I actually enjoy it.

Undertaker should just shave his head and go for the creepy skull look. Like post-bald spot Great Muta.

I kinda liked the mohawk.

The Wyatt Family is, like, really bad at kidnapping people.

Yeah, they are. A real cult doesn't let their captives go. Bray needs to study the Manson family, Heaven's Gate, Branch Davidians, etc.

I don't think they "let" them do anything.

That's the point.

I wish I could quit hate watching WWE, but I really can't. :angry:

Uh-huh.  *arches eyebrow*

But I'll join in the chorus regarding the finale.  What was that?  The show wasn't great, but I could see the logic behind most of it.  But Taker/Kane going over in that fashion?  Why? Unless Bray actually slits someone's throat at Survivors Series, that didn't make an ounce of sense.

The tournament is off to an ok start. I really don't want them turning Dean or Reigns. I'm kind of hoping this thing ends with Cesaro or Owens as the new golden boy for the Authority.

I was fine with the ending. I'm just hoping the SS match ends in a victory for the Wyatts.

Getting beat by Undertaker and Kane is like losing to Doomsday and Galactus.

If the Wyatts can't handle that, then fuck them and fuck the people complaining about it.

I don't disagree with that in general, but why do that now a couple of weeks before you run them vs. The Brothers of Destruction and two other guys?

The problem is that it looked so goofy.  If this somehow builds to Bray and the Family going over at Survivors Series, I'll happily recant my current displeasure.  But at the moment, it doesn't feel right.  How did they get away?  Did Bray just let them go?  What happened to the soul-eating?  Yeah, yeah, yeah--I get that Bray didn't quite get the job done like he thought.  But shouldn't there be some ill effects from his supposed torture?  I was left with too many questions.

Losing is rarely the problem.  It's how you look in losing that defines the situation.  And that didn't look so good. Unless the long con is in effect, I don't understand why they did that so close to the PPV.

The tournament is off to an ok start. I really don't want them turning Dean or Reigns. I'm kind of hoping this thing ends with Cesaro or Owens as the new golden boy for the Authority.

I was fine with the ending. I'm just hoping the SS match ends in a victory for the Wyatts.

Anything to get Cesaro in the main event is okay with me.

Honestly, I expected this to be an 8-man tournament so I'm not going to say much on the first round but it's probably a bad idea to put Cesaro in there with Reigns right?  I mean if they are wanting to have the entire audience behind him? I could see Reigns receiving some boos there.

It sucks that there aren't any New Day members in this or Bray.  I guess we're only getting the semifinals on Survivor Series?  Would rather see the quarters on there too.