DVDVR Message Board

2015 NFL: WEEK SIX

Dolfan in NYC

Few things will make you come close to losing your religion quite like being down 10-3 at the half.  GO STEELERS~!  QUIT GIVING ME HEART ATTACKS~! WE CANNOT AFFORD TO FUCKING LOSE WHEN CINCY IS STILL UNDEFEATED~~!

If our third string QB can keep the magic going, give that mother fucker Vick's job.

Mike Vick is horrible, I'd start Landry Jones until Big Ben gets back.  Vick averaged .75 yards per attempt yesterday.  You know how bad you have to be to not be able to get the ball to Antonio Brown?  He may very well be the best receiver in the league.  Josh Gordon had one of the best receiving seasons of all time with Weeden, Cambell, and Brian Hoyer throwing the ball.  It is almost impossible to make a wide receiver of that caliber a non factor.  I may or may not have Antonio Brown on my fantasy team.

The starting QBs for my three fantasy WRs this week were Mike Vick (& Landry Jones)*, Blake Bortles, and Brian Hoyer. Yet, I am still in third and will win this week because Allen Robinson and DeAndre Hopkins can be successful in spite of this.

*I also may or may not have Antonio Brown on my fantasy team.

Mike Vick is horrible, I'd start Landry Jones until Big Ben gets back.  Vick averaged .75 yards per attempt yesterday.  You know how bad you have to be to not be able to get the ball to Antonio Brown?  He may very well be the best receiver in the league.  Josh Gordon had one of the best receiving seasons of all time with Weeden, Cambell, and Brian Hoyer throwing the ball.  It is almost impossible to make a wide receiver of that caliber a non factor.  I may or may not have Antonio Brown on my fantasy team.

Vick should never take another snap behind center again. He's done. You look at the offensive talent the Steelers have around him - besides AB they have Bell, Heath, Bryant, even their other receivers are pretty good - and for him to have -6 yards passing... That's inconceivable. He can scramble and that's it. The Steelers are absolutely insane if they even consider starting anybody but Landry.

And I'm only slightly saying this on the faint hopes that he invites Jim Ross to stand on the sideline when he starts against KC. I mean, JR loves OU and his wife is a diehard Steeler fan so it'd be win-win!

On the celebrations rule Im fine with TD dances ect, but if you jump around and act a fool after making a tackle on a 30 yard pass play when down 30 in the 4th quarter your getting a yellow card two of those and your out of the game.

I think I'd go one better: if you're losing by more than a point, no celebrations. At all. 15 yard penalty at the end of the return. Hand the ref the ball and get going.

On the other hand, if you're winning, do whatever you want short of the Sieg Heil.

Three things I think I think:

1. Washington still owns the most out and out hilarious special teams play, whereas the Colts one yesterday was more of a "why on earth did he even bother to snap that?"

2. Jamie Collins is a sexy, sexy, man.

3. When did Tom Brady learn to move like that?  I can't ever remember his feet moving that quickly.  I thought it was either on FFWD or Madden 04 Mike Vick was playing.  Crazy fast feet from Sir Tom yesterday.

I am still in shock. 6 and F'N 0. So many seasons of 2-4 wins.

This. Is. Crazy.

I still remember being outside the last Jets game of the season in the mid 90's getting autographs and celebrating when one of the players told me the Bengals won to go 8-8. This was the Jeff Blake era IIRC. I think it would be our only non losing season from 1991-2004. Us winning the Super Bowl in the Niners home stadium would be the greatest irony in sports history (Joe Montana ruined my childhood).

Has any of those goofy formation kick plays ever actually worked in the NFL?

Dunno, but it's worked at the college level:

Maine Football on Twitter: "Hey @Colts, this is how it's done. #BlackBearNation #CAAFB http://t.co/QgokyjOK7m"

Ok, the Elway Helicopter at the end there is pretty cool but, really, that play should never, ever work.

And, yeah, I'm saying I wanna see something like it that's ever worked at the NFL level...

Three things I think I think:

1. Washington still owns the most out and out hilarious special teams play, whereas the Colts one yesterday was more of a "why on earth did he even bother to snap that?"

2. Jamie Collins is a sexy, sexy, man.

3. When did Tom Brady learn to move like that? I can't ever remember his feet moving that quickly. I thought it was either on FFWD or Madden 04 Mike Vick was playing. Crazy fast feet from Sir Tom yesterday.

Brady spent the offseason working on that. He watched tape of Aaron Rodgers and saw how Rodgers never, ever has his feet completely set - they're always in motion. And he tried to incorporate that.

I am still in shock. 6 and F'N 0. So many seasons of 2-4 wins.

This. Is. Crazy.

I still remember being outside the last Jets game of the season in the mid 90's getting autographs and celebrating when one of the players told me the Bengals won to go 8-8. This was the Jeff Blake era IIRC. I think it would be our only non losing season from 1991-2004. Us winning the Super Bowl in the Niners home stadium would be the greatest irony in sports history (Joe Montana ruined my childhood).

I have nightmares of Montana to Taylor. I was 9 years old then and it has haunted me for this long. So many losing seasons. The last ten years have been great compared to the 90s and this season has been unreal.