DVDVR Message Board

2015 NFL: WEEK SIX

Dolfan in NYC

The Swinging Gate play tends to only work on HS and below level because of the surprise nature of it and the fact the guys aren't athletic enough to cover up for being confused. It's still silly, but it's been around apparently since the 30s.

I think they were probably planning on running back into punt formation. Some teams do that on every single extra point they try for goofy reasons, to see if they can catch the other team off guard.

Few things will make you come close to losing your religion quite like being down 10-3 at the half.  GO STEELERS~!  QUIT GIVING ME HEART ATTACKS~! WE CANNOT AFFORD TO FUCKING LOSE WHEN CINCY IS STILL UNDEFEATED~~!

If our third string QB can keep the magic going, give that mother fucker Vick's job.

Mike Vick is horrible, I'd start Landry Jones until Big Ben gets back.  Vick averaged .75 yards per attempt yesterday.  You know how bad you have to be to not be able to get the ball to Antonio Brown?  He may very well be the best receiver in the league.  Josh Gordon had one of the best receiving seasons of all time with Weeden, Cambell, and Brian Hoyer throwing the ball.  It is almost impossible to make a wide receiver of that caliber a non factor.  I may or may not have Antonio Brown on my fantasy team.

The starting QBs for my three fantasy WRs this week were Mike Vick (& Landry Jones)*, Blake Bortles, and Brian Hoyer. Yet, I am still in third and will win this week because Allen Robinson and DeAndre Hopkins can be successful in spite of this.

*I also may or may not have Antonio Brown on my fantasy team.

Blake's been a top 10 fantasy QB so far this season.

Try that against Detroit and you end up with Indy fumbling, Detroit running it back for a touchdown, and having it get overturned because of a roughing the kicker penalty after further review.

• Like 2

Word on the Indy play is that the ball was never supposed to be snapped, and Pagano is falling on the sword instead of blaming the center. Makes a lot more sense than what actually happened. If you're going to try and draw a team as disciplined as NE offside, you might as well go with some crazy formation to *maybe* get them a little confused beforehand.