DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Maybe they'd end with humping without the wrestling though

I was 1 for 2. The first was this girl who was also a crazy wrestling fan so it was a present to her. The 2nd was this girl who it took like 3 dates before we even kissed, we actually NEVER had sex.  I just took my current girlfriend to a wrestling show while visiting her family in Maine.

Maybe I just meet the right women.  

Yeah, it's seen as a kitschy/nerd interest thing. 

A number of the people I know watch reality shows, so they don't even have the "don't you know that's not actually real?" card to play anymore, and a number of people I know actually watch WWE, though not regularly. 

As to the hiding your wrestling fandom thing I've never hidden it, but I've had some negative reactions. I actually had a woman I worked with say "but...I thought you were smart?" when she found out.

Two weeks later one of our coworkers was arrested for child molestation. That seemed to disgust her less than my wrestling fandom did. People are strange.

• Like 5

I've never advertised my wrestling fandom but never really gone out of my way to mention it either.  As mentioned, the impression non-fans have of wrestling isn't that great and I've never had any such people say anything negative about me because of it, but have definitely treated it with disdain.  Not quite like finding out someone is a brony, but certainly acting like it's one of those things for rednecks/mouthbreathers. 

Those assumptions are always asinine, but what I find just as obnoxious if not moreso are the casual wrestling fans - the sort of people who watch nothing but WWE and to whom Raw is probably written towards.  They find out you're into wrestling and want to talk about it with you all the time, and of course they aren't familiar with anything outside of WWE and are always huge fans of John Cena and the like.  Talking about wrestling like we do on here or any sort of smarkish terminology goes right over their heads.

• Like 1

As to the hiding your wrestling fandom thing I've never hidden it, but I've had some negative reactions. I actually had a woman I worked with say "but...I thought you were smart?" when she found out.

Two weeks later one of our coworkers was arrested for child molestation. That seemed to disgust her less than my wrestling fandom did. People are strange.

Your co-worker certainly sounds like a woman of high moral fiber.

How/why does Xavier Woods go by Austin Creed on Up Up Down Down? Is it to distance him from the heel character?

That was his gimmick name on the indies and is something that WWE hans't tradmarked. If his WWE career ends tomorrow UUDD will continue with its host as Austin Creed instead of him  forcing to re-brand himself.

How/why does Xavier Woods go by Austin Creed on Up Up Down Down? Is it to distance him from the heel character?

That was his gimmick name on the indies and is something that WWE hans't tradmarked. If his WWE career ends tomorrow UUDD will continue with its host as Austin Creed instead of him  forcing to re-brand himself.

ALso - people on th eshow dont go by their wrestling names - they go by codenames on the show. so swagger is "oklahomie" seth is known as "the champ" big e is "big wool" etc etc etc.

ALso - people on th eshow dont go by their wrestling names - they go by codenames on the show. so swagger is "oklahomie" seth is known as "the champ" big e is "big wool" etc etc etc.

Don't sleep on Tong Po.  Don't ever sleep on Tong Po.

• Like 2

When I met my girlfriend, she told me she was into those 'ghost hunter' shows. She explained to me that she knew it was a work (she didn't use that term - i wonder if ghost show fans have their own smart mark forums) but she enjoyed it anyway. I told her I was into wrestling and it was an easy comparison. 

That was 10 months ago. Yesterday she beat me on WWE2k15. Ok, she was Brock Lesnar with 3 finishers and I was General Adnan, but still, she's come a long way.