DVDVR Message Board

DC TV Thread

goodhelmet

5 hours ago, The Unholy Dragon said:

The non-particle accelerator metas thing gets extra interesting when you consider Flashpoint had metas despite seemingly no accelerator.

Metas would have existed anyways. Thawne just sped things up using the particle accelerator.

18 hours ago, Eivion said:

Metas would have existed anyways. Thawne just sped things up using the particle accelerator.

Deathbolt was already revealed to be a meta that wasn't in Central City during the particle explosion. A plot point that has strangely never been gotten back to.

16 minutes ago, blitzkrieg said:

Deathbolt was already revealed to be a meta that wasn't in Central City during the particle explosion. A plot point that has strangely never been gotten back to.

It was mentioned on the last page.

Metallo was gd amazing.  When his hand got burned off in the first fight I was downright shocked.

Snapper echoed all my problems with Kara "choosing" reporting as a job, we)l, except for it making her a near clone of Superman.

1 hour ago, ivpvideos said:

I know I'm late but so tired of everyone knowing that Oliver Queen is the Green Arrow. Why does he think he can trust these dumb vigilantes 

I honestly don't mind it nearly as much as the amount of time Barry spends taking his mask off. 

• Like 1

It's super weird to me that the JSA on Legends is mostly legacy characters AND B-team dudes in the comics but that's what happens when the heavies are off limits and you've already committed Jay to being Earth 3 Barry's dad I guess.

Legends is extra interesting because it's gonna force them to find a way to neutralize a speedster, something that hasn't really been handled well which has made the speed folks pretty OP.

It's really awesome that Legends of Tomorrow is really finding it's footing, to me.  Like the first season was fun, but Dark as a villian didn't work nearly as well as I'd like it too. With Reverse Flash, you have an established, dangerous bad right now. The Hawks are gone, which is a plus to me. Sara stepping into the leader role is a natural fit (and lord knows she can't lead a team worse then Oliver can). I think not having a grand eyes looking over everything is going to do that show a world of good. 

Was also nice that Flash started hitting it's spots again to me. Really enjoying Flash, Supergirl, and LoT right now.

• Like 1

This went from a show I never bothered to see on CBS to one that is likely my favorite superhero TV show.  Amazing how that works.  I'm looking forward to Superpowered Fight Club.  First rule of course is that you don't talk about Superpowered Fight Club.

Caught last night's Supergirl tonight. Not sure I like them bringing in Sawyer. She feels a pinch young, and her personality seems fairly different. It would also be nice to see them stop bringing in stuff from Batman/Superman. It always feels a bit on lazy side. It was a good episode. I'm really happy at how things have gone so far with the move to CW. Can't wait for next week as it making me think of those JLU episodes using Roulette.

I feel like they're gonna be hooking up Maggie with Alex so that's fine enough. I do question taking one of the more prominent queer women in comics and introing her as basically unrecognizable barring being a queer cop but it's a screwed either way scenario because an original character arguably lacks the name value. 

Either way, I liked what we got so it's not the biggest deal either way to me.