DVDVR Message Board

DC TV Thread

goodhelmet

The reveal caught me completely by surprise even though it should've been a bit obvious given the eyes. Really, really like it, though. Episode was pretty good too outside of Kara, James, and Winn talking about her powers in public like idiots where pretty much anybody could eavesdrop on them. Hobo version of Despero was kinda lame, too. Should've just used the real thing.

I'd like to see them tackle some others like Silver Banshee, Maxima, and Parasite to beef up the villains a bit.

RE: tonight's Arrow

goddamnit.

Eh, I'm not quite convinced Felicity is dead, even though that's what we're supposed to think. They left just a bit of wiggle room, instead of making it obvious she's the death.

Also, the flash forward in the season premiere was set six months in the future, right? So the funeral should be in .... March, not December.

I feel like the hard push over the engagement ring (both in the recap and the ep itself) with no build was supposed to make us think from the outset that Felicity is the death.

I think it's probably a red herring. If not, I'm not sure how I feel either. Don't care much for Felicity as a character, but killing her this way seems like wayyyy to dark an alley to take the show down.

Yeah, Lance or Felicity's mom are good bets. Ollie's son? Yeah, I don't see the CW murdering a child. Just like how AMC won't ever have Judith be eaten alive by zombies on The Walking Dead. That's a step too far, even if it is fiction. I'm placing my bets on Lance, though. I know it's a red herring but last night's episode still pulled at my heart strings.

No hate for Flash's deus ex machine bomb trick, lol?  There seemed to be a lot of complaining about the "cold gun freezes lasers" thing, and the bomb/magnetism trick this week was so much more absurd. 

I generally accept comic book pseudo-science, but there's a limit.  Also, even if that trick would work - and that's a huge if - how could they possibly know that something harder than a window wouldn't be in the bombs' "flight path" and set off the bomb on impact?

Wasn't a terrible episode until then - the Joe-Iris-Wally stuff was surprisingly decent - but the showdown with Trickster and Weather Wizard was lazy writing at it's worst.  Why set the confrontation up that way if you have a decent resolution in mind.  I hated the scene anyway for Weather Wizard flying away and Barry knocking him out of the sky - only to land a couple feet from where Trickster happens to be sitting.  No way they could have planned that, so landing almost in Trickster's lap is one of those things that happens only because the plot calls for Trickster to be part of the scene.

I can deal with Weather Wizard landing there because the idea is that he was leading Flash there. No big deal.

The bigger problem I have with the bomb thing is that Flash can move faster than they can process him moving...he should just be able to lock down both before they can pull a trigger. I don't care about the bad science. I care that they never explained why it was needed beyond Barry being an idiot.

But it's the general problem of Flash being as fast as the situation demands. Cold's dad shoots him? He can catch the bullet. Fighting the Arrow? He can dodge everything. Fighting Everyman? Suddenly he's either slow or stupid enough to take average ass punches. They need to either consider how villains will compensate for his speed and/or play up the idea that his ability to process isn't always fast enough to stop him from taking a hit.

Ra's al Guhl having a corrupted Lazarus Pit couldn't have any use for the remains of an egyptian immortal linked to the reincarnated souls of two hawk warriors, could he.  Wouldn't try to see if he could use them to fix his Pit...

• 3 weeks later...