DVDVR Message Board

DC TV Thread

goodhelmet

I liked Constantine fairly well.  They hadn't quite figured out how to integrate Angel Walt's Dad and gruff resurrecting sidekick into the show that well, but they were getting somewhere with the sidekick.

I think it could have been quite good if it had kept going, but then I thought Gotham would iron out the kinks and be really good in season 2, so...

I think it could have been quite good if it had kept going, but then I thought Gotham would iron out the kinks and be really good in season 2, so...

Same here.  Though I also thought Bruno Heller's previous shows (Mentalist and Rome) regressed after their first seasons.

Constantine didn't work for me at all.  I  didn't feel like they had an idea where they wanted to go creatively and don't really feel like the pieces were there for a rapid improvement in season 2.  Matt Ryan was well cast as Constantine and clearly has a lot of charisma.  That was about it, imo.

Gotham: I sure hope when Gordon and Morena Baccarin have their talk, she dumps his ass.  Kissing his mentally ill ex was bad, but then when he finds himself between his tied-up girlfriend and a gunman, he ducks for cover!  Leaving her completely helpless!

Good golly, this is supposed to be our hero??  I mean, they went out of their way to shoot it so that you'd see Morena in the shot, wincing.  So I hope they actually plan on following up on that. 

With the recent talk about "Would you kill baby Hitler?", I've begun hoping that Gotham is all going to be revealed as an alternate history where some event from early on in the series was the key where everything went wrong and all the characters ended up different than the "real" timeline.

BTW, loved the Gotham cops being idiots again.  This after Gordon and Bullock last week decided to spray machine gun fire from inside a building out to the street with absolutely zero visibility of where they were shooting. 

Welp, figured out who the Funeral on Arrow is for.  That'll suck.

It's

Diggle

, isn't it?

Felicity's Mom. Dhark takes her out to fuck with Lance, Felicity, Palmer, and Ollie in one shot

Doing catchup. Christ Zoom is terrifying. He's like a super speed horror monster and it's amazing. It's become a thing for season endbosses to give the hero a thrashing in the CW-verse but that was brutal. Also, Barry never got as good as Reverse-Flash and Zoom is probably better/tougher than Eobard ever was. Certainly more direct and brutal.

Of course, they run into a few things. First is why Zoom didn't just stomp him from the jump. Second is how the hell Barry beats him. I feel like it's heading toward a team effort with Jay, Jesse Quick, and Wally West all getting/regaining speed and bringing it but after last season Barry also needs to beat a big dude solo. We'll see.

Great stuff so far though.

• Like 1

CBS has announced that they are postponing the 4th episode of Supergirl due to the Paris Bombings and will air the 5th episode tonight instead.

The episode was to tell with a series of bombings in the city.

They didn't announce if/when they would air it