DVDVR Message Board

Raw 9-7-15

MGFanJay

Seth really needs Jimmy Jacobs as his mouthpiece again. I love Xavier Woods with the trombone. The New Day is fantastic. WWE really fell ass backwards into gold with them. I really feel like Rowan is going to be the partner for Reigns and Ambrose. I really enjoyed Sting's stuff with the statue.

Oh, and Buck Salamander.

The opening promo by Rollins wasn't that bad, but that's probably because so many shows being opened with even more tedious HHH or Cena promos have numbed me to all that.

I feel secondhand embarrassment for everyone involved in the Russev/Ziggler angle.

Didn't even notice the fan run in. I saw everyone going on about how hilarious it was but that is seriously scary, what would've happened if he knifed Seth or something? This has been a shitty few weeks for WWE security.

All of it involving The Shield guys.  REUNION IMMINENT!  If only so they can watch each other's backs.

- I'm disappointed they crushed the statue because I would have loved for Seth to put on bronze make up and to have jumped Sting at Night of Champions.

- Crowd seemed dead for most of the Divas match, but it seems like they were winning them back at some point.

- Holy shit the video package summarizing the Rusev/Lana/Dolph/Summer thing was horrible.  So of course they replayed it.  Even rusev's awesome jacket makes me want this feud to be over already.

- Speaking of awful:  Ryback's charades promo.

-  Random Fact:  Simon Gotch has a few images from the Gentleman's manual of self defense with "defense with a walking stick" as his wallpaper on his twitter account.

- Seth sneezing during the New Day/E&C/Dudleys segment means Vince is already planning to take the belts of him.

- Big E tried to eat a kazoo....

- Holy fuck, they aren't done beating that dead horse of a match that Sheamus/Orton is yet...

- So are they going to put Torito as Nuevo Spike Dudley?

- Just fuck you WWE for having Show punch out Cesaro.  I'm glad the new fall season is starting because they can continue to roll out stale ass matches like Show/Miz while I watch something else.

- Was Darren Young the guy who landed on his head trying to hit the Code Red on Kevin Owens because all he did was hit like 3 spots from the outside and never officially got in the match?

The opening promo by Rollins wasn't that bad, but that's probably because so many shows being opened with even more tedious HHH or Cena promos have numbed me to all that.

I feel secondhand embarrassment for everyone involved in the Russev/Ziggler angle.

I was begging for a Triple H 20 minute promo five minutes into Seth's. They were long and tedious, and he couldn't fill all that time, but at least he was a decent promo. Seth just died out there.

Difference of opinion and all, but I reiterate, worst twenty minute opening promo ever.

Sting as TNA Joker was the most entertaining he's ever been. I wouldn't complain about that one bit. It's just amazing it took 20 years for somebody to make the Sting-Joker connection. He could've been money in '89 doing a Nicholson impersonation.

Rusev is so the face in his feud with Dolph.  I mean, we knew that already.  But everything tonight confirmed it.

Thank you. So glad I'm not the only one thinking this. If this angle doesn't end in a massive double switch with Rusev and Lana doing the Macho/Liz Reunited gimmick, WWE really has the shittiest writers on the planet.

Was Darren Young the guy who landed on his head trying to hit the Code Red on Kevin Owens because all he did was hit like 3 spots from the outside and never officially got in the match?

Well, Cena took his place as guy who takes a whopping to set up hot tag Titus.

I love hot tag Titus.

That's Rollins' one drawback, he's not great on the stick.

And who cares this much about a fucking statue?

Why is Sting acting like TNA Joker?

Unhinged Joker Sting was pretty fun. He's making chicken salad out of chicken shit with the statue angle.

Man this show once again was an endurance test especially with a mini heat wave hitting the city. I only honestly cared to see Paige vs. Sasha. I was kinda sad they gave it away right off the bat. But in retrospect it helped cause once 9pm hit I was mostly watching Fast N' Loud.

The thing later in the night with Team Bella and PCP...err B was just so horrible. Who is scripting this stuff?

At least they confirmed that Cena/Rollins is the main event just so you all know where Vince thinks Sting really is in terms of star power. God, I just want Sting to win the title and walk into RAW as champion. I don't care if he loses to Sheamus in the first 20 minutes of the show. I just want to see Sting with the WWE title.

Xavier and his Trombone are the best heel act in all of wrestling. That's about all the positives I can think of.

I was begging for a Triple H 20 minute promo five minutes into Seth's. They were long and tedious, and he couldn't fill all that time, but at least he was a decent promo. Seth just died out there.

Difference of opinion and all, but I reiterate, worst twenty minute opening promo ever.

Rollins' speaking style has no rhythm to it.  His voice/tone is all over the place.  He doesn't emphasize the right syllables and he screams in an attempt to project.  He needs vocal lessons badly.  After five minutes, he becomes grating to listen to--which is too bad, because he tends to have more emotion in the second half of his promos.

I'd say if you were tuning in for the first time tonight and watching the matches, you'd assume that WWE's Top 5 stars were Cena (Good or bad, you can't deny the reactions he gets, plus he was great getting beat up), New Day (Just...everything.  But man that part where they slung Kofi into the corner as Xavier played the trumpet and it synched up perfect and popped the crowd huge...I rewound that thing 7-8 or times) and Cesaro (With how into him the crowd was, him putting on the cowboy hat and everything).

Actually, lately WWE has been reminding me of mid to late 90s Nitros, you've go all this great wrestling in the show, but the featured players are the same 3-4 people over and over again and the crowd is losing interest (The biggest difference obviously being that Cena delivers pretty much every time in his main event matches, where NWO-era Hogan very seldom did).

• Like 1

Yeah but it's the opposite of WCW in that they actually try to give the crowd somebody new, only for the audience to reject him (Roman most notably) whereas in WCW the crowds were BEGGING for some new guys to come along but the Hogan/Kliq faction would never allow it.

"Hey, you got your Orton in my shield angle."

"Ha Ha!  Well, you got your shield angle in my Ort"
"NO NO SHUT THE FUCK UP ASSHOLE, I DON"T WANT ANY ORTON IN MY SHIELD ANGLE!"

"But, two great tastes that taste great tog..."
"NO< NO ARE YOU HEARING ME SHITHEAD!!!! I HAVE ONE GREAT TASTE AND YOU HAVE ONE ROTTEN STALE PIECE OF TURD>>>YOUR THING DOES NOT MAKE MY THING BETTER IT MAKES IT WORSE NOW TAKE YOUR ORTON OUT OF MY SHIELD ANGLE AND PUT IT BACK IN THE CAN AND TAKE IT BACK OT THE STORE AND ASK FOR YOUR MONEY BACK AND USE THAT MONEY TO BUY SOME SHIELD LIEK ANYBODY WITH TASTE WOULD HAVE DONE IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!"

"But..it's vintage"I SWEAR TO GOD, BRO!!!  I SWEAR!!!"

Not five minutes later:

"Hey, bro, you got your Big Show in my Cesaro angle."

"I'm so sorry.  I didn't see you there.  I'm so sorry.  Please, please forgive me.  I did not want to do that.  I had some Big Show.  I was going to throw it out.  I didn't see you there with a perfectly good Cesaro angle.  I never would have done that to you on purpose."

• Like 7

So does Charlotte beat Nikki one minute before she eclipses AJ or one minute after next week?

Charlotte's gonna beat it one minute before the end of the Bellatron.  Then at some point later, Nikki's gonna say that since Memphis is the Central Time Zone, she actually broke the record by an hour since the Bellatron is on Eastern time.

• Like 1