DVDVR Message Board

Raw 8-24-15 - Post-Summerslam Show

MGFanJay

People acted like the post WrestleMania crowd was SO AWESOME yet they were the pieces of shit chanting "You suck ___" at the Divas involved with male roster members. I know people are just gonna blame the Bellas again but as much as people don't like it there are just a large portion of WWE fans who don't care about Divas matches regardless.

• Like 2

I hate the Bellas but this was hardly on them tonight. Or the writers.

The woman's debacle was solely on the fact that "human garbage" will always make up a certain percentage of a live wrestling crowd. I mean, credit to them for not starting some sort of chant involving woman's anatomy, I suppose. But the audience was filled with neckbeards who wear fingerless leather gloves as a fashion statement.

The crowd was fine until the Bellas showed up. They were with PCB defending themselves as Miz played chauvinist heel.

Then the Bellas showed up and it was the same old garbage. The crowd got bored then started to try and amuse themselves because they're not going to buy into this BS title reign of Nikki as meaning anything except a petty attempt to erase someone from a record book because she happened to fall in love with someone they don't like. That's Triple H, that's Vince McMahon and that's Stephanie for you. That's who they are.

• Like 1

Any crowd that chants we are awesome is an automatic contender for worst audience ever. I can't possibly think of anything more pathetic. Having said that the talking segment wasn't good, and the match was too basic, and the whole thing went too long. If they were serious about the revolution angle getting over they would've had Sasha vs Charlotte or Becky in an NXT style match to actually show people this angle can be worth a fuck.

That crowd was the best example of why Vince et al. always have and always think "Give the audience what we want, not what they want because they don't really know what they want".  

"BOOO! The Bellas are in there so we're going to boo the very same women we were cheering in NXT because we don't like the Bellas!"

"Booo! We're gonna boo John Cena because he's stale!"  

"Holy shit, the Dudleyz!  Please say "What's Up?" They did "What's Up!".  Please say "Get the Tables"!  Oh my God, they're getting the tables!" It's like a whole new show!"

• Like 3

The NXT crowd is a different crowd. Hell, both NOC and NXT are here in Houston and I'm only going to the NXT show. And I'll probably be around a bunch of people that go to ROW (Book's local promotion) every month and wouldn't waste their money on a main roster show.

But other than the crowd, that was the best Raw I've seen since just after Mania 30. Pure top to bottom excellence and as good as you're going to get on a Monday night.

• Like 1

So I guess we're going to get HHH/Rollins vs Cena/Sting in the near future.

Which poses an interesting question: Can even John Cena resist the urge to turn heel on Sting?

I'd mentioned this before while we were prognosticating about what Sting would be doing at this past Wrestlemania in that a Sting/Cena team is a true unstoppable force vs immovable object situation - Sting's partners always turn on him, but Cena can't be a heel.  Such a team will likely tear apart the space time continuum.  

Dude, that's easy.  Just have Cena bring a "sick child" to the ring with him for the tag match and do a skit beforehand where the kid refuses to say what his/her Make-A-Wish is until during the match.  Just as Sting is about to put on the Scorpion, the kid gets on the house mic and says that his/her "Wish" is for John Cena to turn on Sting.

Cena shrugs and nails Sting, Rollins/Triple H get the pin, and on Raw the next night Cena is back to being a face and is all "sorry bro, the kid had cancer, what did you want me to do? Say no?"

• Like 3

Dude, that's easy.  Just have Cena bring a "sick child" to the ring with him for the tag match and do a skit beforehand where the kid refuses to say what his/her Make-A-Wish is until during the match.  Just as Sting is about to put on the Scorpion, the kid gets on the house mic and says that his/her "Wish" is for John Cena to turn on Sting.

Cena shrugs and nails Sting, Rollins/Triple H get the pin, and on Raw the next night Cena is back to being a face and is all "sorry bro, the kid had cancer, what did you want me to do? Say no?"

-6P5tK.gif

• Like 2

Cena and Sting finally meeting in the ring would be like the end of Southland Tales where Sean William Scott meets himself and reality itself immediately begins to collapse.

As Cena prepares to turn on Sting and the universe ends, The Rock's brahma bull tattoo will start to bleed through his shirt.

• Like 1

People acted like the post WrestleMania crowd was SO AWESOME yet they were the pieces of shit chanting "You suck ___" at the Divas involved with male roster members. I know people are just gonna blame the Bellas again but as much as people don't like it there are just a large portion of WWE fans who don't care about Divas matches regardless.

Thing is there were several loud chants for Sasha Banks, so while the neckbeard anti-women element is probably real, there was also a vocal section of people who weren't into this segment because they wanted to see the woman who had a great title match two nights ago instead

it was weird and hard to interpret overall though because it seemed like the segment killed the subsequent match, but people were still half-heartedly popping for Charlotte in between doing the fuckin wave

• Like 1

I greatly enjoyed that when Cena was met with someone ELSE making jokes about his title loss, he freaked out and attacked a tiny middle aged man.

He deserved it for not being arsed to practice how to do Flair's strut...like not even a little. 

• Like 1

Thing is there were several loud chants for Sasha Banks, so while the neckbeard anti-women element is probably real, there was also a vocal section of people who weren't into this segment because they wanted to see the woman who had a great title match two nights ago instead

it was weird and hard to interpret overall though because it seemed like the segment killed the subsequent match, but people were still half-heartedly popping for Charlotte in between doing the fuckin wave

When you're dealing with something as delicate and easily fuck-up-able as changing wrestling fans attitudes about women wrestlers, right when they are just starting to get some momentum, but still haven't quite gotten there, you can't be so tone deaf as to dump them into a 20 minute Miztalk session.

You have to protect them a little from boring shit that lets crowds stew in whatever resentments they come in with.  That segment was just dumb.

The most bizarre thing is clearly a large portion of this crowd saw the NXT show or are NXT fans because Sasha got a lot of chants the past two nights. So after she does a match that makes her a star to a decent segment of the audience, they proceed to basically take away the one Diva people are actually invested in. If she's hurting or something after that crazy match on Saturday fine but, man, there is no logic to anything they do with the women.

And they desperately have to end the team warfare garbage. It's not working at all and all its doing is taking the few ones the people care about and dragging them down with ones they don't by association.

They also chanted for fuckin Blue Pants, so who knows what the hell the crowd wanted.

I ain't gonna allow anymore Nikki Bella bashing though. That's blasphemy.

There is a certain former board member who has a serious hatred of Blue Pants and was pretty much searching for any mention of her on twitter so he could rant at people calling her good or saying WWE should sign her. If she can make him meltdown like that she's ok in my book.

• Like 10

That guy who joined The Wyatt's had to be Vince's birthday present. Everything he loves in one of his freakshow giants.

Big, bad, stupid looking.

Sting with the WWE Title. It should have happened 15 years ago but I'll take it now.

Did Triple-H already beat the breaks off of Sting in his first WWE match?  Why can't he get a title shot?

Charisma wise, New Day is Edge/Christian.  Dudley Boyz back as themselves.  Who will be cast as The Hardy Boyz in this remake?

Not sure if Stewart took the AA better than Kevin Federline.  We need to vote on it.  Federline is still the G.O.A.T. celebrity bad guy.

Okay, you all have done a pretty good job discussing the women's segments/debacle. I just want to say how awesome Braun's debut was! I was hyped because I saw a bunch of pictures of some guy at the Performance Center who looks like el Hijo del Donald Glibb and now he's the new Wyatt and looks to fit in poifectly. The timing of his attacks were a bit off but fuck it, he has a standing arm triangle where he lifts people off their feet. That is awesome. Strongman jiu-jitsu! I want the guy with the massive hands, Dylan Miley, to be another Wyatt member. Look at that fucker and tell me he's not made to be Caveman Wyatt!

NXT-665x385.jpg

Parting thought: Alex Greenfield is right. Fuck that crowd. That's only going to give Kevin Dunn/whomever is against women's wrestling ammunition to cut this project off at the legs. Doesn't matter who they were chanting for. The Bellas can't retire soon enough.

• Like 2

The new Wyatt Monster looks like the lovechild of Sylvester Terkay and Ogre from Revenge of The Nerds.

When they showed the statue backstage, I couldn't really tell that it even looked like Rollins so I was holding out hope for a Triple H dick move of unveiling a statue of himself instead.

Bo Dallas got off lightly with a harsh reprimand since Brock didn't bother going back down to the ring a third time to break his arm.

• Like 1