DVDVR Message Board

NFL Stupidity in 2015

Dolfan in NYC

"We thought he'd been a real stand-up guy, a locker room leader, but then he missed a couple meetings and it all went downhill."

This from the franchise that put up with Charles Haley whipping out his... Uh... third leg all over the place.

"We thought he'd been a real stand-up guy, a locker room leader, but then he missed a couple meetings and it all went downhill."

This from the franchise that put up with Charles Haley whipping out his... Uh... third leg all over the place.

Based on the newest Football Life on Haley, he was diagnosed with Bi Polar Disorder and is taking meds like crazy to take care of.  There aren't enough meds to cure Greg Hardy

I'd love to know what he was like in Carolina. Never heard a peep about him until the abuse thing as I recall. Was it real or was a lot hidden?

From what I understand he was known to be a little off, not necessarily a criminal, but if you were to ask anyone on the team "who is the crazy guy?" Greg Hardy would be everyone's answer.  I'd be willing to bet there is one guy on every team, who excels at football, but couldn't function in a world where they couldn't be a professional crazy person.

I'd love to know what he was like in Carolina. Never heard a peep about him until the abuse thing as I recall. Was it real or was a lot hidden?

From what I understand he was known to be a little off, not necessarily a criminal, but if you were to ask anyone on the team "who is the crazy guy?" Greg Hardy would be everyone's answer. I'd be willing to bet there is one guy on every team, who excels at football, but couldn't function in a world where they couldn't be a professional crazy person.

See Haley, Charles and Romanowski, Bill.

From what I understand he was known to be a little off, not necessarily a criminal, but if you were to ask anyone on the team "who is the crazy guy?" Greg Hardy would be everyone's answer.

That's telling, considering he was on the team the same time as Steve Smith.

From what I understand he was known to be a little off, not necessarily a criminal, but if you were to ask anyone on the team "who is the crazy guy?" Greg Hardy would be everyone's answer.

That's telling, considering he was on the team the same time as Steve Smith.

Steve Smith just likes to fight, I don't think he's crazy.  Greg Hardy most likely has something wrong with him.  Steve Smith wants to make sure you know not to try him. 

• Like 1

So the bad call at the end of last night's game was because the ref forgot he was reffing an NFL game instead of a college one

Amazing.  Billion dollar industry is overseen by part timers, no recourse when they fuck up with games on the line.  It won't change because we'll never stop watching no matter how bad it gets.

What is confusing to me (well except it is the Browns) is that this a moderately tame video given Johnny standards. Yet he was demoted to 3rd string. But a police video of him getting into domestic dispute with his girl doesn't hurt a bit. This video must have a bigger story behind it

• Like 1

What is confusing to me (well except it is the Browns) is that this a moderately tame video given Johnny standards. Yet he was demoted to 3rd string. But a police video of him getting into domestic dispute with his girl doesn't hurt a bit. This video must have a bigger story behind it

The bigger story is Mike Pettine hates Manziel and this gave him the excuse to go back to McCown.

By making JFF 3rd string - when McCown gets hurt AGAIN, this time Austin Davis will play

Big Story = Aaron Rogers or Manning would have been at the Facility going over tape to improve instead of partying.

This clearly has to be a new record

Safety LaRon Landry, the sixth overall pick in the 2007 draft, has been suspended indefinitely by the NFL, PFT has confirmed.

The suspension doesn’t specify the specific policy under which it arises. However, Landry had been reinstated just last week after a 10-game suspension under the PED policy.

Which pretty much means he had to fail his very first test he took after getting reinstated

This clearly has to be a new record

Safety LaRon Landry, the sixth overall pick in the 2007 draft, has been suspended indefinitely by the NFL, PFT has confirmed.

The suspension doesn’t specify the specific policy under which it arises. However, Landry had been reinstated just last week after a 10-game suspension under the PED policy.

Which pretty much means he had to fail his very first test he took after getting reinstated
This will only be Mejia level stupid if he got popped for the same exact thing he got popped for originally.

It's interesting to me because he's not doing anything remotely against any sort of law in the video. Essentially his decision to voluntarily check himself into rehab is now being used against him, because anytime he's out having a drink (or drinks) the picture is going to be painted he's off the wagon and out of control.