DVDVR Message Board

NFL Stupidity in 2015

Dolfan in NYC

My last hope to watch Brady go down in ashes in any way is if Gisele makes a stink over the photo of Ben Affleck's nanny-mistress wearing all of Tom's Super Bowl rings on a private jet headed to the Mayweather-Paciquao fight.

Don't let me down, Gisele.  I know you have it in you!  :)

joking, folks, I'm joking

Tom Brady is better than me, I would have dropped a rap album full of Roger Goodell dis tracks by now.  They'd try to suspend me for something completely different by week one.  My first press conference would go something like this...

Tom Brady walks up to podium, taps the mic three times, and say's..."Yo Mr. Kraft, I got something to say."

A DJ setup pops up out of nowhere with Robert Kraft, and his ever present air force ones, is standing behind it with a Compton hat and a gold rope chain.  He puts the needle on the record and it is the "Fuck the Police" beat.  Tom looks out at the audience and starts rapping.

Fuck the Commish coming straight from the beantown.

QB1 got it bad, cause I'm down.

I won't back down so the Commish thinks he has the power to ban me for an hour.

Fuck that shit, cause I ain't the dude

Try that shit with me and your ass will get sued.

• Like 4

Tom Brady is better than me, I would have dropped a rap album full of Roger Goodell dis tracks by now.  They'd try to suspend me for something completely different by week one.  My first press conference would go something like this...

Tom Brady walks up to podium, taps the mic three times, and say's..."Yo Mr. Kraft, I got something to say."

A DJ setup pops up out of nowhere with Robert Kraft, and his ever present air force ones, is standing behind it with a Compton hat and a gold rope chain.  He puts the needle on the record and it is the "Fuck the Police" beat.  Tom looks out at the audience and starts rapping.

Fuck the Commish coming straight from the beantown.

QB1 got it bad, cause I'm down.

I won't back down so the Commish thinks he has the power to ban me for an hour.

Fuck that shit, cause I ain't the dude

Try that shit with me and your ass will get sued.

***1/2

What a pile of bullshit.  What is the Judge's last name?  Kraft?

The NFL never proved that anyone actually deflated the balls, let alone Tom Brady had something to do with it.  There was no way that suspension was going to stand.  That is like arresting someone for robbing a bank, because there was less money than they expected without checking if it could be an accounting issue.  They didn't even arrest the guy they think robbed the bank, they arrested some dude who was generally aware that the dude might have robbed the bank.  I don't think you should punish people for crimes, when there is not any proof of any crime.  They honestly didn't bother testing whether or not those balls could have ended up under inflated for any reason other than Brady had them deflated.  They lied about how many of the Patriots balls were underinflated, lied about how many Colts balls they tested, and just plain made a bunch of other shit up.  The didn't have anything resembling a case.

The whole point of the NFL is that they have their own rules and standards and police their own people. 

This stupid ruling is the equivalent of asking your dad if you can have cookies because your mom told you no.

I seriously hope Steelers D breaks Brady's collarbone in Week 1.

The whole point of the NFL is that they have their own rules and standards and police their own people. 

This stupid ruling is the equivalent of asking your dad if you can have cookies because your mom told you no.

I seriously hope Steelers D breaks Brady's collarbone in Week 1.

Apparently Goodell didn't follow the NFL rules.  The judge specifically said that Goodell was operating like there was no such thing as a collective bargaining agreement. 

• Like 1

I say both.

"I have been honored to serve as the commissioner of this fine sport but recent pressures have begun to take their toll on me and I'd like to take time out for my family who I haven't seen in a while and have still been so supportive of me, so effective immediately..."

I guess the question now is how long until ol Rog resigns for "health reasons". . . .

Surely you mean "to spend more time with his family" :)

Maybe, he told himself that he would know it was time to go, when it wasn't fun any more.

Seriously, after the last 18 months, how does Goodell not resign? This whole Deflategate thing has been an enormous shitshow. The NFL can not have wanted it to go to court, because how do they not know they're completely full of shit? Yet, even with the judge doing all but outright saying "I will rule against you if it comes to it", Goodell doesn't budge in negotiations with Brady. Brady even said he'd take a 2-game suspension, but no. That would mean admitting he was at least somewhat wrong. Gotta protect the shield and all that. What a clown.