DVDVR Message Board

2015 NFL PRE-SEASON THREAD

Gonzo

In fairness I basically watch football as a full time hobby and I am the first to say there is no sport where preseason is generally more painful to watch than football.

Oh come on now preseason aint that bad.  Where else can a 3rd string QB beat up on a 5th string defense and then get the fanbase to blow up the internet about how Mr. 3rd String should be the new starter

Mr. Third String would be a great nickname for some QB to give himself on a team that keeps 3. I say give it to Brett Hundley because he's pretty much an automatic on the roster for the season with how high he was drafted as a third-stringer. Tolzien will lose the back-up job eventually I would assume, but it won't be for awhile. He's obviously never going to start a game for the Packers barring multiple injuries and probably be trade bait, Matt Flynn-style, in a few years if he gets good enough. He can be the next Aaron Brooks, Matt Hasselbeck or Mark Brunell! There's other former Packers QBs that went elsewhere and started too in the last 25 years, but I don't remember them all. The Majik Man does not count.

Yeah - the Fins might have been better off leaving Josh Freeman unsigned

Eh. Someone has to take those second half snaps and neither he, nor McLeod Bethel-Thompson are going to make the team.

Besides, who needs a quarterback when the DL is going to be scoring safeties all day

• Like 1

I can feel it now - there are going to be a lot of pantsless people over Ameer Abdullah.

Maaaaaan, I so wanted the Cowboys to draft him.

Holy shit I knew those Browns uniforms were awful but seeing them in action is even more embarrassing

But not as bad as the Skins defense.  

Yet, they still look better than the clown costumes worn by the Cardinals, Bengals, Seahawks, Broncos, and Jaguars.

That's still damning with faint praise. . . . 

Yeah - the Fins might have been better off leaving Josh Freeman unsigned

Eh. Someone has to take those second half snaps and neither he, nor McLeod Bethel-Thompson are going to make the team.

Besides, who needs a quarterback when the DL is going to be scoring safeties all day

The tight end MIGHT want to do more than play "TAG, you're it!" with Wake and hit his route.