DVDVR Message Board

TNA/GWF MEGA THREAD OF DOOM~!

I was looking for an image of "wrestling cockroach" since that's what TNA is, and google gave me this, a gif of a Japanese gameshow where two women are trying to blow a cockroach into the other's mouth to win. 

It sums up TNA better than anything I could ever come up with:

japanese-bug-blowing-game.gif

• Like 3

I was looking for an image of "wrestling cockroach" since that's what TNA is, and google gave me this, a gif of a Japanese gameshow where two women are trying to blow a cockroach into the other's mouth to win. 

Those women both lost in the end. Cockroaches have been implicated in the spread 33 kinds of bacteria, including E. coli and Salmonella species, six parasitic worms and more than seven other types of human pathogens.

Those women both lost in the end. Cockroaches have been implicated in the spread 33 kinds of bacteria, including E. coli and Salmonella species, six parasitic worms and more than seven other types of human pathogens.

But at least they didn't have to watch TNA.

• Like 6

TNA looks to be airing on Oct. 7 on Destination America

Friday, 11 September 2015 08:14

While nothing has been stated to talent and employees regarding the future of TNA on Destination America as of yesterday, the company, on its web site, and Destination America, are still listing the show for 9 p.m. and midnight on 10/7.

The Discovery Network had sent a memo to employees in May stating that they were going to exercise their option to cancel the show at the end of September.

The last taped episode of Impact was scheduled for 9/30.

According to one company source, the belief is that a lot of matches that were taped during the early part of the tapings that were not taped as part of an Impact show will be able to be put together for international programming to fill the commitments, and that could be done for domestic commitments as well.

Right now the company has not scheduled any future television tapings, but there is a deal being negotiated for tapings to be done in late November in India.
  • Like 1

Maybe DA thought there might be a bit more interest in a post-BFG show, so people with sense enough not to buy a PPV but stupid enough to watch TNA could watch to see what happened in the great GFW/TNA war.

My pick for what may be an outcome: GFW wins the match and uses the Las Vegas tapings in the can to fulfill TNA's international commitments. TNA's announced house shows become GFW house shows, more or less. GFW goes away when the international commitments are finished.

I think I'd rather watch this than TNA/GWF...

Well, England kept Big Daddy and Giant Haystacks on for years, so the English have a built in tolerance for shitty wrestling shows... Also, word on the street is that Jarrett found an investor in India, a gentleman named Havinagootym Vishnuvirhir who might be willing to move the entire operation to Calcutta. As Calcutta has a rich history of black holes, GWF/TNA seems perfectly suited for the local market.

I'm just gonna say what I thought all along. That TNA will just buy time on DA til they can get a new TV deal.

• Like 2