DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

So is there anything to this 'Dolph Ziggler has one foot out the door and is leaving WWE when his contract expires' rumor I saw around today.  I know he's not the most beloved guy on DVDVR, but it always felt like the crowd really wanted to watch WWE go all the way with him and he'd be a reasonable loss to the roster.

While I agree partly with what you're saying, it might do Dolph a world of good to spend a little time in Lucha Underground, like Morrison. I don't get to watch much NJPW these days but there are a lot of guys there I'm sure he could have fun, fresh matches with. A change of scenery might be exactly what he needs. For example, I got really, really tired of Del Rio in WWE because he was in there with Sheamus and Big Show every damn week, but I saw him on LU earlier today and am catching up on some AAA stuff right now and he's been infinitely more entertaining.

It makes me very sad to see Bobby like this, but if this is what's keeping him alive, then more power to him.

https://youtu.be/LIslFC9-kTQ

Being unable to speak has to be complete torture for Bobby. I love that he's with us but hate that he can't his wit with all of us. 

I'd give anything if Bobby Heenan could come out and join the RAW announce team. 

• Like 2

He's trying to work WWE into a top spot like Punk, but he's probably going to be making Asylum movies by next year like John Morrison.

It's not so bad. He gets a SAG card making those crappy movies and he might make it to his mid 40's or 50 without needing new knees. Besides, Dolph sees himself as a low budget Daniel Tosh so as long as there is a channel that needs to fill an hour with stupid youtube videos there will be a place for Dolph Ziggler post WWE.

• Like 1

It makes me very sad to see Bobby like this, but if this is what's keeping him alive, then more power to him.

https://youtu.be/LIslFC9-kTQ

Being unable to speak has to be complete torture for Bobby. I love that he's with us but hate that he can't his wit with all of us. 

I'd give anything if Bobby Heenan could come out and join the RAW announce team. 

Even in his current condition he'd be lightyears better.

• Like 2

I have a friend who started watching wrestling a few months ago. When he first saw Dolph, he hated the guy and didn't like seeing him wrestle. When he heard Dolph on the mic, his opinion changed dramatically.

The guy IS charismatic but is really held back by the way WWE does things. He needs more mic time and less scripted promos.

• Like 2

When you see Dolph outside of the ring, he comes across as a funny and charming guy. I could see him being at least moderately successful. 

His ceiling is probably where his ex-girlfriend, Amy Schumer, is now. I could see him getting his own show but not much beyond that.

When you see Dolph outside of the ring, he comes across as a funny and charming guy. I could see him being at least moderately successful. 

His ceiling is probably where his ex-girlfriend, Amy Schumer, is now. I could see him getting his own show but not much beyond that.

I dunno man, that's a lofty goal, she's very, very popular right now. I recall reading he was trying to do some web-series type thing for Comedy Central but I'm not sure if anything ever came of that.

I dunno man, that's a lofty goal, she's very, very popular right now. I recall reading he was trying to do some web-series type thing for Comedy Central but I'm not sure if anything ever came of that.

If Dolph catches fire, he might reach at least a rung below her. 

But yeah, I forgot that Schumer is actually hosting award shows and stuff now. I don't know if I see Dolph doing that. 

I think Dolph is right where he needs to be. He's a good midcard guy, great bumper and little else. He's always been pretty bad on the mic and his offense is every bit as terrible as it's always been. He's a "show off" who never shows off.  His outfits are awful. I don't know how anyone could view him as a top guy.

• Like 2

I think Dolph is right where he needs to be. He's a good midcard guy, great bumper and little else. He's always been pretty bad on the mic and his offense is every bit as terrible as it's always been. He's a "show off" who never shows off. His outfits are awful. I don't know how anyone could view him as a top guy.

He has an innate charisma about him, but I will concede the points about subpar mic work and weak looking offense. It's like, dude, just get on YouTube and find some cool looking moves to do! The athleticism is there, he just needs to put it to better use. Also, his current denim vest with "hair band" patches all over it is weird and doesn't seem to suit him at all.

He's trying to work WWE into a top spot like Punk, but he's probably going to be making Asylum movies by next year like John Morrison.

And how screwed up is it he'll probably get better benefits from doing one of those movies than working as an "independent contractor" for the WWE.

• Like 1