DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

I wonder if Kevin Nash brings up that point to himself, or his friends, for each wrestler?

Seth Rollins? Yeah, as a man, I can't imagine a lot of other men thinking "gee, I wish I could be him." Same for Daniel Bryan, Kane, Mark Henry and most of the WWE roster.

That question really is dated & dumb. How many people are clamoring to be or sleep with his best good friend Triple H? Did he ever ask that question about X-Pac? 

He's just trying to start shit for attention, like always.

No, I think I read somewhere he would be out something like 6-8 months. He was originally going to be Jericho's opponent on 7/4 before he was injured.

Correct on the time table

But yeah - the already announced that Itami was still going to be on the show

No, I think I read somewhere he would be out something like 6-8 months. He was originally going to be Jericho's opponent on 7/4 before he was injured.

Thanks guys. Between him, Sami, Kidd etc., I wasn't 100% sure on what was what. Has it been announced who Jericho would be facing? I like Jericho more than most these days, but I'm not real sure who would be a truly fresh match for him on the main roster.

make it your text message alert tone

actually don't

I accidentally had WHATCHA GONNA DO WHEN HULKAMANIA RUNS WILD ON YOU AND YOUR PHONE go off when I was working on volume licensing data entry on a pindrop quiet call center floor

I found some Ric Flair notification where hes screaming "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM...I'M GOD...". Used to scare the hell out of me when I would get a text or something. Everythings quiet and then all of a sudden DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM...I'M GOD...I'M RIC FLAIR AND I AM...I AM WRESTLING

• Like 1

I have my gmail notice on my phone set as Scott Steiner yelling "SHUT UP" and one time in the campus cafe it went off when I checked my mail because the sound got turned on in my pocket. I'll also sometimes use it as my alarm tone when I absolutely need to wake up quickly and immediately.

Lucks Underground could be nominated for an Emmy. It is on the ballot for “Outstanding Structured Reality Program".

Is this the first time for anything like this? I don't recall WWE or WCW getting anything like that.

We get your point but as far as the Emmys are concerned:

This split only happened last year so it's still a little hazy.

Structured reality TV is one that has an existing format for episodes, where stuff is cut up more into segments or a competition is involved.    Shark Tank won this one, but most of the nominees were cable shows.

Unstructured reality is more like point and shoot and follow people around stuff, which is hilarious because it's where shit like Total Divas would fit in.  Deadliest Catch won the last one and most of the noms were travely shows.

By Mike Johnson on 2015-06-17 10:16:18

All time great Bob "Blackjack Mulligan" Windham, 72, who has had a number of health issues in recent years, was scheduled to undergo brain surgery today to help relieve pressure on the brain but suffered a heart attack yesterday after being hospitalized. He is currently in critical condition but is awake.

Billy Jack Haynes just posted something on his FB page to the effect that Mulligan's heart is too weak for them to give him anesthesia for the brain surgery. :(

As much as I love Lucha Underground and would like to see it win it isn't going to because the people who vote on this shit are usually really fucking old and the show is too edgy and will scare them, if they watch it at all

Antiques Roadshow got a fucking nomination last year

That doesn't sound very comfy at all.

You would be surprised. A lady graduating at the same time as me in the fine arts program did quite a bit with porcupine quills. I had no idea such a thing existed, but it's apparently very big with native Americans in the southwest from what I recall.

• Like 1