DVDVR Message Board

I Am A Fool

DEAN

This thread is for stupid realizations. I was chatting with Satan Pro on Facebook and he asked if I was watching NXT. I said that I didn't have WWE Network. He then informed me that it was on Hulu. I said.... to myself... I am a fool.

Hulu PLUS, that is. You've gotta be a paid subscriber to watch the full episodes. All that's available for freeloaders are a bunch of random clips that are mostly like two minutes long.

• Like 1

I got Hulu plus.  I watched the last episode and it was good.  It took me a while to remember who Prince Devitt was during his Radio Gaga entrance.

I watched It took me a while to remember who Prince Devitt was during his Radio Gaga entrance.

I find it amusing that DEAN has become a middle-aged wrestling hermit, like a sage out in the desert. You have to go to him.

• Like 2

I've told this here before, but only being exposed to WWF as a kid, I thought that WCW was a bunch of old men and a lame fed (Vince's Billionaire Ted skits might have had an impact on somebody after all). Then kids started talking about this Goldberg guy, and when I turned it on I saw the cruisers. I was a fool. Still am in many respects. 

I know a lot of you on here are older than me but that makes me feel old as fuck.

Growing up reading wrestling mags, I thought Jimmy Valiant must be one bad mofo because he always had a story and tons of photos in all the mags.  Then cable in my area finally got Mid-Atlantic wrestling and I finally got to see the mighty Boogie Woogie Man kick some ass and then, well....I am a fool.

And I still don't know what the fuck a Bae is.

Short for baby. As in, "I love you, baby/bae."

I'm not particularly keen on it.

Misconception. Stands for "before anyone else."

Most old folks aren't fans - check out the vaguely racist urbandictionary entry.

I used to think Brutus Beefcake was a good scientific wrestler.

That wasn't a lab coat Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake was wearing.

Was Peggy Sue ever actually revealed as being Sherri Martel?  I never realized it was her either until much later but it didn't seem like the character was around very long.

I do remember a WWF Magazine picture of Jimmy Hart getting caught backstage undressing out of the Peggy Sue outfit after he interfered in a match.

I used to love Big Bossman during his first WWF run, then during his WCW run, I listened to my friends that thought he was trash.  Then I went back and watched his stuff again when I got the Network.

I was a fool for turning my back on Bossman.  I deserve hard time.

• Like 1

I used to love Big Bossman during his first WWF run, then during his WCW run, I listened to my friends that thought he was trash.  Then I went back and watched his stuff again when I got the Network.

I was a fool for turning my back on Bossman.  I deserve hard time.

I loved his little (really random) run in All Japan, with full costume. He was fine there as a midcard guy that filled some space in the tag league one year. DR DEATH and BIG BOSSMAN is like some kind of hacked Wrestlefest tag team from hell. Couple of fun moments.