DVDVR Message Board

Raw 5-11-15

MGFanJay

I had already started hating his normal babyface character in the middle of that first promo.  The only thing wrong with last night is that they half-assed it with the intros and the costume.  Commit!

But then look how they're half-assing Barrett as king.  Is that King outfit ever going to get an upgrade?  Booker was sweating into that thing ten years ago.  At this point it's like the dracula cape your principal absent-mindedly threw on every goddamn year for Halloween like it meant something anymore.  At least throw in some Groucho glasses or something and be Vampire Groucho Marx!!!

• Like 1

Bryan seems like he's done, even if he gets healthy enough the wrestle again.  It's hard to think the company is going to push him hard if he misses another extended period.  I can't blame Vince if he doesn't want to invest in a guy who might be one missed headbutt or head bump away from being permanently retired.  I already cringe my way through his matches.  Since he came back, there seems to be at least one spot per month where he takes a bump on his neck or does something I don't really want to see him doing with a bad neck (suicide dive, missed diving headbutt, german suplex.

Wonder if Vince would ever agree to the Brock deal (no house shows, only wrestles a couple PPV a year).

Does Bryan generate Brock-like money? That's the only way I could even think Vince would entertain the idea of Bryan get a limited schedule (also if Bryan had that much time off, I can't imagine the stupid shit he would do to "prove" he's back)

Bad post timing.  Heh.

KOTR works if given a decent amount of buildup and if the push means something.  It's kinda early for Barrett but who knows.

As for Bryan...yeah, it's probably best if he hangs it up.

Can we just have Tamina superkick Divas weekly. Just randomly, like HBK backstage upset superkicking everyone.

New factions!

Team Superkick (Luke Harper, Tamina, and Dolph Ziggler--I'd be open to another suggestion for this spot) vs Team Forearm/Uppercut (Roman Reigns, Nikki Bella, and Cesaro)

Book that NOW!

The King Barrett gimmick reeks of "creative has nothing for you." It's very telling that the actual British guy comes across as a poor man's King Booker.

Thank god they put Ambrose in the title match. I love Rollins, but his feuds with Kane and Orton are doing absolutely nothing for me. Despite not being likely to make an impact, Dean freshens up the whole thing quite a bit.

I'm so glad The New Day is finally getting a chance to live up to their heel potential. These guys are the best thing on the show every week, and pairing up against babyface Cesaro just makes it doubly fun. If they're looking to salvage Big E, they're headed in the right direction. I get a lot of "Rocky Maivia in the NOD" vibes from him (in terms of character direction, not necessarily max potential).

The King Barrett gimmick reeks of "creative has nothing for you." It's very telling that the actual British guy comes across as a poor man's King Booker.

King Booker was something different. Being crowned KotR went to Booker's head and he suddenly started aping his concept of British royalty.

Barrett's doing the same gimmick he was before, just with more talk about "peons" and "peasants" that sounds ridiculous in his Northern accent.

• Like 1

Yes, but the whole thing started because of him losing the Rumble and going to WrestleMania.  He didn't really do Hogan mannerisms - the only real connection was the shirt, until this whole thing with Sandow.

Except aping Hogan's promo style, his voice, tearing the t-shirt, etc.

Bryan should've NEVER returned at the Rumble. They want him on TV, they want him selling merch: I get it. Make him a goddamn commissioner or some bullshit and let the man's body heal properly.

I been thinking that since the Rumble, From a booking standpoint it made no sence to have him out if he wasnt going over.

If they needed him on Mania why did i have to be a multi-person ladder match.. To be honest I wasnt expecting him back unill Mania atleast I think most fans wouldve been ok with him taking all the time he needed because at this point fans know the serverty of neck injuries

Bryan should've NEVER returned at the Rumble. They want him on TV, they want him selling merch: I get it. Make him a goddamn commissioner or some bullshit and let the man's body heal properly.

At this point it seems like they wanted to sabotage Roman Reigns push.

Can we just have Tamina superkick Divas weekly. Just randomly, like HBK backstage upset superkicking everyone.

Poor Stan. :(

Actually that might be the same kick Tamina's dad used to [truncated for legal reasons]

• Like 3

I had a thought during the Big E/Cesaro match. Back in the day people discussed the best pound for pound wrestlers and usually referenced Eddie Guerrero and I think Benoit too. But for reals, is Cesaro the best pound for pound wrestler in major league wrestling right now? He really does seem to be able to do it all.

Edit: Regardless of his March Madness standings.

At this point it seems like they wanted to sabotage Roman Reigns push.

I think it's entirely more likely that they (Vince and his yes men) wanted Bryan back to put Roman over. Roman was the guy according to them. They figured "well, if we have the guy everyone likes put him over then they will root for Roman". Only it didn't work like that. If anything, Bryan should have taken time off again after Fastlane or whatever the hell the Feburary PPV was. There really was no need for him to be in the middle of that IC clusterfuck.

For the talk about Bryan's return impacting Reigns, it may have also prevented Ambrose from winning the IC belt at WM.

If Ambrose had won the IC title, he wouldn't be in world title picture now. I'd rather have Ambrose chasing the world title.