DVDVR Message Board

2015 NBA Playoffs: OCTOFINALS

Dolfan in NYC

"Guy, you know me. I never complain." That's one of the funniest things any coach has ever said.

I think Doc's a very good coach. But there is something there about the Clips. They just lose it late. Even on that last in-bound play before Green got the ball when he got fouled, Matt Barnes was trying to do some garbage with Manu as opposed to playing actual defense. Save that crap, man.

But Doc The GM is who lost the game. He has to rely on Big Baby and Austin Rivers for quality bench minutes. That's really telling. The Clips starting unit is nasty. But the bench is awful.

The Clippers don't have much in the way of bench. Redick fouled out late. Rivers had a good game the other night, and Davis may not score 20 a game, but he works his ass off. Rivers' play is probably more last option than anything.

The bench kills the Clippers. The Spurs don't have much of a dropoff between their starting 5 and their bench. The Clippers have a cliff. So you gotta keep the starters out there longer, which makes them more tired, which makes their play sloppier at the end of games.

L.A. is on the ropes, but there's no way I'd count them out.

Just saw this stat on another board. It feels like it could be true...

Tim Duncan is the oldest player in NBA history with three 20-point, 10-rebound games in a single playoff series.

I would have guessed Kareem did it at that age or older, but if not, then there aren't many other guys that plausibly could have.

Fowler: how do you feel about the play of Josh Smith in the first round? I wasn't sure what to think when the Rockets acquired him, and even during the regular season I wasn't exactly thrilled, but I think he's been great, especially in he 4th and in clutch situations. I still cringe when he takes 3s, but he's been making them!

What do you think? Did Detroit make the right call?

Detroit made the wrong move by signing him to play out of position. So yeah, I still think they made the right move by cutting him in the long run.

He has the perfect role right now in Houston and is potentially the missing ingredient in a finals run. Dudes going to get another good contract out of this.

He also won me a couple hundred on DK a few weeks ago so I'm on the J Smoove bandwagon.

Detroit was 5-23 when they cut him, finished 32-50. Next question?

But being the third or fourth option on a team suits him, and him knowing he's third or fourth even more so. And his chemistry with Dwight is so undeniable I almost think Houston should take a flier on Rondo just to see if it's an Oak Hill thing.

Who are you rooting for, Gregg?  Grizz or Warriors?  I'm hoping for the miraculous return of Mike Conley in a cool mask.  Just in time to help Tony Allen shut down the splash bros.  Grit n Grind!

If Conley can't return, it's going to be a rough series, but I guarantee Klay Thompson is going to be miserable. 

Edit:  O yeah and Z Bo might murder Draymond Green.  I'm not saying he will outplay Draymond, I'm saying he might literally choke the life out of him.

• Like 2

So I guess Charles Barkley won't be comparing Michael Carter Williams to Magic Johnson and Michael Jordan again. Not a single player on the Bucks with 10 points. Good to see the Bulls drop the hammer like that.

Clippers not laying down in the 1st quarter. You can also see Doc go to his bench to save the starters late in the game. Blake got a nice rest in the 1st. It looks like I am in for a long night.