DVDVR Message Board

2015 NBA Playoffs: OCTOFINALS

Dolfan in NYC

You can't go with what his intentions or motivations were in the play though.

You can't go with the damage done either because people get hurt on freak stuff like that all the time.

The league has done it before.  Plus there's more "visual" evidence that Olynik intentionally pulled down on the arm than the Wade/Rondo play despite what people think of Wade's past transgessions/dirty plays/whatever.  We'll see though.

JR is definitely getting a game.  Perk probably too for the swing.

Cavs running out of players.  Shump just went down.

Edited by _MJ_

Intentional or not, that play was definitely suspension worthy. It's the type of play that the refs don't call because it's really difficult to see in a lot of cases. They really need to tighten up fouls on rebounds past over-the-backs. Guys try and "swim move" past box outs all the time and limbs get entangled. In order to prevent this, you really need to just blow whistles a lot on guys who are getting boxed out. Bogut and Noah and a lot of other guys do it and should get whistled.

You can't go with what his intentions or motivations were in the play though.

You can't go with the damage done either because people get hurt on freak stuff like that all the time.

Actually I'm going to take back my original comment.  Intent matters; it always matters if you can find it out.  Good luck proving it though.  It's easier to go with the result and what you see, even if it isn't the full story.  Bogut shouldn't get away with it either on that note.  He does a lot those shady things under the basket.  It isn't a secret.  I haven't seen Noah do it, but I wouldn't doubt especially with his injuries slowing him down. 

CDi-lUAWEAAuxZX.jpg

Anyway,I thought the Wiz would win the series in a long uneven series.  Not an embarrassing sweep.  Fitting though.  One of these teams had to be embarrassed on their exit out of the playoffs.  Destiny.