DVDVR Message Board

2015 NBA Playoffs: OCTOFINALS

Dolfan in NYC

Was so happy for Deron tonight, this was his signature performance as a Net. After all the shit he's been through it was really nice to see him come up big. Game was amazing and the late arriving crowd did a good job at the end creating an atmosphere. Best part is that it ensures at least one more home game on Friday. For Atlanta this is exactly the situation they had to be afraid of in playing a veteran team with playoff experience. If the Nets hadn't played half a season who knows where they would've finished.

Thibs is a parody of himself at this point.

Turning the ball over, horrible floor spacing, no offensive gameplan and under 80 points at the start of the 4th. What do we need to work on, Thibs? "More effort on defense." *puts in lineup with no floor spacing*

Dude just will not adjust. Kidd is coaching circles around him.

Why are you running a pick and roll with Jo as the screener when Kidd has shown that he will just double off of Jo at every opportunity? Why are you still flirting with playing Niko out of position when Kidd has Jared fucking Dudley at the 4?

I respect what Thibs has done for us, but, no matter how far their talent carries them this year, it's time to move on.

The truth of the matter is that all of the best coaches have stolen his defensive schemes over the last 4 years, but he hasn't learned a damn thing about offense in that stretch.

• Like 1

Atlanta is starting to feel like last year's Pacer team to me. Great team, great record, but very vulnerable.

Was thinking the same exact thing. Problem with a team without stars is you don't have that one guy who can pull you through a tough moment.

A couple things: One, even though I am a fan of good basketball, and thus want to see the better team win, part of me REALLY wants to see Brooklyn beat the Hawks so that we are all treated to Paul Pierce as the trolliest dude who ever trolled when matched up against Deron and the gang. Seriously, the back of his uniform for that series should probably read F. S. Waiter. 

Secondly, and I fully admit this is some rampant homerism, I'm starting to convince myself that the Cavs can get by the Bulls even without Love. I still feel as though they have the two best players in the series, and I'm interested to see what lineups Blatt decides to throw out there. The Cavs are thin and things can go wrong for them in a hurry, but I haven't lost faith quite yet. I'm going to do my best not to be a dick for the second round, because Jae and Jrag are my boys. I think both teams could easily lose a home game in the series, and I think we will see a lot more of Lebron at PF due to injury, which may limit Mirotic's impact a little bit. It's going to be interesting. 

• Like 1

Spurs escape in a game they should have won in the 4th quarter going away since Blake Griffin was exhausted and the Clippers lack of bench is coming back to haunt them. Stupid mistakes and dumb choices down the stretch allow the Clips to gut their way back in. The biggest mistake was DJ touching a ball that was on its way down. Ugly win but I'll take it! 

• Like 1

What an awesome basketball game. Great series.

The Spurs just kept it together a bit more and pay attention to detail. They don't do things like have their best player whip a chest pass at a ref out of frustration, which is what the deciding point was. Also, there's a great Vine of Danny Green's missed FT at the end that ended in Kawhi's hands. Austin Rivers was in the "block out the shooter" spot and completely ignored that. Like, ridiculously so. Green tipped it to Kawhi. That came just a little bit after Austin blew his rotation that led to Green wide open in the corner. He missed a clear dagger.

Austin's made some big shots during the series but he seriously does not belong near playoff basketball. What a crummy player.

Also, I would think that Doc's incessant whining and the like really grates on the refs.

Doc is killing me complaining about the refs in the post-game interview. 

I don't care what you think about the Spurs or Coach Pop or whatever.... he NEVER uses the post-game to complain about officiating. If the Spurs lose, he blames the team or himself. Seriously, if you can find any post-game interview with Pop where he uses it as a forum to criticize the officials then please post it. I don't know what his post-game was like when Tim Duncan was ejected by Joey Crawford. Maybe that game?