DVDVR Message Board

2015 NBA Playoffs: OCTOFINALS

Dolfan in NYC

See you in the offseason thread on Sunday, Boston fans.

I haven't been impressed with Cleveland yet. They need to play better than this in round two. I think they will but they aren't up to championship level yet.

You haven't been impressed by a team that hasn't trailed in the second half yet, but is treating these games like a random January not on TV game? I understand doubting that they have an on/off switch, or thinking their rotations are still a little weird, but the complete shellacking they've put on the Celtics has been pretty impressive.

Uh, how do I even respond to this?  The Celtics aren't good.  Stevens is a great fucking coach and they have some nice role players but they aren't very talented. Cleveland has 3 All-NBA players and some nice pieces off the bench.  With all that, the Cavs have been working hard in these games.  I don't know why anyone should be impressed with that. 

Look, Cleveland has the talent to win it all. All I'm saying is they will have to step it up in the next round and shit.. I'm pretty sure I said I think they will.

I guess we are seeing different things. I'm a pretty pessimistic fan (especially when it comes to Cleveland, because, well, you know why) but I feel that even though the games have been close and the Celtics haven't rolled over, the level of effort from the Cavs has been minimal. I went in to this series thinking that the Celtics would give 100%, which is exactly what they've done. They aren't a team that's going to pack it in if they down by 15. That aside, I think the Cavs have done the bare minimum in every game necessary to win. The fact that their bare minimum with no adjustments at any point has seen them not trail in the second half at all is pretty astounding.

Amazing game! Howard got every rebound, Harden with 42 points (2 more than Curry last night) and another great performance by playoff Josh Smith.

So happy for the Rox. They've been through so much adversity this season with all the injuries, and all the roster turnover. I don't think Harden is going to win MVP (even though he should, given that he dragged one of the most injury ravaged team all the way to the 2 seed), but I'm hoping he gets Hakeem-pissed-at-David-Robinson angry for the rest of the postseason.

Did Jefferson quit on the Mavs too?

It sounded to me like there was some disagreement between the Mavs and Jefferson as to the extent of his (hamstring?) injury. Basically, the Mavs were saying "you're fine, get out there," and Jefferson said "whoa, fella."

The Mavs played great, the Rockets played greater. Sucks for the Mavs - I was rooting for them after the whole Rondo thing.

It sounded to me like there was some disagreement between the Mavs and Jefferson as to the extent of his (hamstring?) injury. Basically, the Mavs were saying "you're fine, get out there," and Jefferson said "whoa, fella."

The Mavs played great, the Rockets played greater. Sucks for the Mavs - I was rooting for them after the whole Rondo thing.

Yeah, that was really weird.  I mean, the only thing we missed was his outside shooting, because the longer RJ was on the floor, the less Aminu was on it.  It was strange because it seemed like he wasn't too specific about the injury to the trainers.  I wouldn't say he gave up or quit, because he's played hard all year.

Howard had a fairly decent night, 11 reboun.... *record scratch*

ELEVEN OFFENSIVE REBOUNDS?!? Plus 15 on the other end? Jesus fuck man. How you gonna win you let one guy get 11 offensive boards?

Howard and Rose rounding back into something like their 2011 forms in this post-season is pretty great to see.

Also, I finally put my finger on what this Boston/Cleveland series reminds me of.

Those Chicago vs. Washington first round match-ups when the Bullets gave everything they had and just couldn't win a game against MJ and Scottie and co.