DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Random Bullshit 3-9-15

MGFanJay

Bryan looked absolutely thrilled to be a part of the IC title nonsense. Looks like he's finally been worn down.

He was never upset about his spot in the first place. That was the fans.

He's a heel, guys. It's ok.

Please clarify that this is a joke.

I keep hearing how great Orton is. Why don't i fucking see it? His promos blow. He's plodding. His matches are predictable. "Out of nowhere" = "contrived". I hear others say that he's one of the best in the world so much and think I must not understand pro wrestling.

He's streaky. His 2011 run was fantastic (granted he spent it feuding with Christian and Mark Henry for a big chunk of the year, so that helps) His WWE title run that kicked off this whole Authority thing was fascinating in that he kept having great tv matches, and then failing to deliver on ppv. But he's stale, his act is even more rooted in place than Cena's, and crowds massively stopped giving a shit about him during that last big title run, and only started to again when Rollins took him out and he missed 4 months.

So, occasional greatness mixed in with years and years of bland mediocrity.

Randy Orton is the Dave Kingman of wrestling.

• Like 3

Screens - 

CHRIS BENOIT IS INNOCENT! in 2015.

68fdbf395999123.jpg

Serial season 2. Right there.

Koenig: "I want to believe Chris was innocent. I really do. He seems too nice to be a killer. But then I remember the Chavo call."

Did anyone else notice the "Captain Insano shows no mercy" sign as well?

• Like 1

I keep hearing how great Orton is. Why don't i fucking see it? His promos blow. He's plodding. His matches are predictable. "Out of nowhere" = "contrived". I hear others say that he's one of the best in the world so much and think I must not understand pro wrestling.

He's streaky. His 2011 run was fantastic (granted he spent it feuding with Christian and Mark Henry for a big chunk of the year, so that helps) His WWE title run that kicked off this whole Authority thing was fascinating in that he kept having great tv matches, and then failing to deliver on ppv. But he's stale, his act is even more rooted in place than Cena's, and crowds massively stopped giving a shit about him during that last big title run, and only started to again when Rollins took him out and he missed 4 months.

Did orton ever send a dead rat to a diva?

I keep forgetting New Day exist and then when I see them for just a moment I wonder if I missed a Smackdown where they started, like, an American Gladiators invasion angle.

I think there really was an American Gladiators invasion angle somewhere, I vaguely remember one from my youth.   They invaded some other show.

Love Boat?

So, here's a question. With the "supernatural build" and no Taker in sight, how does the match itself shake out. Taker is not a well man. Surely they put Bray over. I mean that makes sense. You can't have whats left of the Undertaker go over a young talent that will still be around in ten years right? I mean, it makes no sense.

Taker wins in a 30 second squash...

I like the general weirdness and "I like her/no I don't" vibe of Paige and AJ. It helps that this is the first time I have enjoyed the AJ character since before her heel turn. Having Paige around seems to cut off a little of her smugness.

I also really liked how some of the matches flowed right into one another. Very cool. And I liked what little we got of Nattie/Naomi. They even almost managed to get the crowd with the reversal of the Sharpshooter into the turnbuckles spot. 

I thought the gist of Sting's video was "WCW died because of people like the Authority and I don't want that to happen again", not "WCW died because of Triple H and I want vengeance."

But I didn't see it, I'm just going by the PWInsider recap.

That's how I took it.

I might be wrong but in the end didn't Sting join said group?

Screens - 

CHRIS BENOIT IS INNOCENT! in 2015.

68fdbf395999123.jpg

Serial season 2. Right there.

Koenig: "I want to believe Chris was innocent. I really do. He seems too nice to be a killer. But then I remember the Chavo call."

Did anyone else notice the "Captain Insano shows no mercy" sign as well?

I noticed it - that sign got a lot of airtime during that opening segment.

Did orton ever send a dead rat to a diva?

Well, he did introduce Miz to Maryse. BOOM!

• Like 9

When you alienate your audience, the crowd stops caring about what's happening. When the crowds stop caring about what's happening, the faces are no longer cheered and the heels are no longer booed. When wrestlers can no longer get reactions from the crowd it looks like crap. 

People cared about Orton for a long time. It seems strange looking back, but he was incredibly over as a face for years. Maybe a few notches below Cena, but not that much. You put a guy that over, with above average ring skills in main event programs and you're going to get solid matches.

You can say the same thing about most of the roster. It wasn't that long ago that Big Show got lots of praise as a worker. Then the crowds stopped caring about him. Now nobody talks about Big Show anymore.

I think they killed the fans' will to give a fuck by putting Reigns over Bryan at Fastlane. It didn't even make Reigns a heel he's just a guy no one cares about now. Bray really tried with that promo, but I still don't give damn about seeing a Taker match in 2015. Especially when half of the top 10 workers in the company are in clusterfuck ladder and tag team matches.

Oh, and how simple would it have been for the Matadores to beat the Usos and then.... Here comes the pain.

Have Brock absolutely murder both Usos with Germans and F5's and oh god, simultaneous Brock Locks and everything glorious about Brock.

I mean, if Heyman is going to make it about Roman's family, then let's start it by having Lesnar devastating Roman's closest active family members. 

• Like 1