DVDVR Message Board

Dolfan in NYC

My thoughts after day 1: Well, at least MOST of the games I got wrong I only picked to win once. :)

I went frigging 8-8. Worst first day ever. At least I only had Baylor and Iowa State to win twice. Poor bastards in my pool had each of them into the final.

I've seen pick up teams at the JCC have better offenses than Harvard.

Have you seen pick up teams at the JCC with better defenses than North Carolina cause this is going down to last play  :D

Hahvard did pretty well against Sparty last year. Their style of play is so different from other schools that they are able to at least play competitively against major conferences in the tournament. They're not good but they're coached well. 

I've seen pick up teams at the JCC have better offenses than Harvard.

Have you seen pick up teams at the JCC with better defenses than North Carolina cause this is going down to last play  :D

Hahvard did pretty well against Sparty last year. Their style of play is so different from other schools that they are able to at least play competitively against major conferences in the tournament. They're not good but they're coached well. 

Ivy League fans think the opposite on Harvard.

They've got really great talent and a few Top 100-level recruits. Chambers and Saunders are a great college backcourt and Saunders might end up on the NBA. Harvard also played with admissions standards for athletes in order to get Amaker to come to the school. Also, I don't know if this is every Ivy, but Harvard also has a policy in place where you get to go to school for free (no matter if you're an athlete or not) if your household income is under $50,000 a year.

There was also some pretty funny moralism going on with regards of Harvard players vs. UNC players. UNC is obviously run by total scumbags but Harvard had a few players sit out for a long stretch because they were caught cheating on exams. But unlike UNC, like half the entire Harvard campus got caught up in that. These are the people that go on to rule the world.

• Like 1

I had no idea there was another Bhullar. I just wish he was as comically gigantic as his brother.

7'3, 335 lbs. A mere snip of a lad.

No kidding?  Maybe he just has bigger teammates but he doesn't look nearly as outsized as Sim

I had no idea there was another Bhullar. I just wish he was as comically gigantic as his brother.

The Bhullar Brothers can be the Indian version of the Harris Brothers in a few years

New and improved, now without the SS tattoos! 

Man, so many blown layups for Buffalo. Seems to be contagious because WV just had one too.

That possession was awful, but I haven't really seen Ndiaye enough to know if he could hold on to the ball, but at one point it looked like he was going for a pick and roll and the guard passed up on that. Then they gave it to that dude who decided that holding the ball for too long and shooting it 10 feet away from the 3-point line was the best shot.

I had Louisville winning, so I approve of that bad shot. :)