DVDVR Message Board

July Wrestling Catch-All

Looking back at old ROH cards for under appreciated matches and a name stuck out. What happened with John Walters? He had a good place on the card then seemingly vanished from wrestling. Is he just a guy who decided it wasn't for him.I'm always curious when a guy disappears. I'd still like to know what happened to Blue Wolf and his badass sumo brothers.

Asashoryu was forced to retire a couple years ago.

The author of that article must have gotten raped at by Madison Square Garden.

FTFY, not that I disagree with his point that the demolition of an architectural jewel like the original Penn Station was a fucking tragedy.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

What, the modern day Penn Station isn't beautiful? Just sit down in the plastic chair at Kabooze (the bar next to the Krispy Kreme) and scan the horizon. You'll see the America we never knew.

• Like 4

When it comes to MSG, The big problem is the new Penn Station which is supposed to be built across the street on the main post office's site is that the funding for it is stuck in limbo. They have everything for the new station designed. They just can't get the funding for it.

If for some reason MSG is relocated (I can't see that happening. No Mayor wants to be the one that caused MSG to be demolished), one possible location for what would be MSG V (The fifth MSG building) 10th Avenue and 34th Street. But like I said, I just can't see MSG being torn down. If the new Penn Station funding gets moving, MSG will be safe.

It's a mystery man that will most likely be a letdown.  It has to be Savio Vega.

God, I hate agreeing with FSW (especially after calling Drive the worst movie ever), but it does look and sound like Lo Ki.

And they could have done so much more with a voice and no video.  The ridiculous post-production work just emphasizes that it's over-the-top and fake.  You reenact old-school VHS-Hi8 video by actually SHOOTING old-school video.  Though considering the cuts, maybe TNA can't afford a 1990s camcorder now.

Though considering the cuts, maybe TNA can't afford a 1990s camcorder now.

Depends if said 1990s camcorder was used in the WWF back in the day, then I'm sure they would find a way to shoehorn it in!

How many times per year do Impact/TNA go with the 'mystery man' angle, seems they run it every 5-6 months to very little response.

• Like 2

It's a mystery man that will most likely be a letdown.  It has to be Savio Vega.

God, I hate agreeing with FSW (especially after calling Drive the worst movie ever), but it does look and sound like Lo Ki.

And they could have done so much more with a voice and no video.  The ridiculous post-production work just emphasizes that it's over-the-top and fake.  You reenact old-school VHS-Hi8 video by actually SHOOTING old-school video.  Though considering the cuts, maybe TNA can't afford a 1990s camcorder now.

I was thinking maybe they found the camcorder Waltman used to carry around all the time during the NWO days, but that's probably too high tech for them.  It's more likely they found the big 80s style camcorder Feinstein carried during the BWO run.