DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2015 WRESTLING PICTURES

On Bryan and Vinny Bryan and said that picture should be used on Raw tonight.  With Daniel a Seahawks fan, that could add to their feud.  Steph is happy, and HHH has that smug muppet-like look on his face.  Talk about how heartbroken Daniel is and it could work.

You'd be surprised. Everything west of Hartford is all Yankee fans. Didn't Triple H grow up in New England though?  They both have a case.

For some reason I keep thinking Trips grew up in Montreal.

Bryan said that picture should be used on Raw tonight.  With Daniel Roman Reigns a Seahawks fan, that could add to their feud.  Steph is happy, and HHH has that smug muppet-like look on his face.  Talk about how heartbroken Daniel Roman is and it could work.

I agree but with a slight tweak to it.

You'd be surprised. Everything west of Hartford is all Yankee fans. Didn't Triple H grow up in New England though?  They both have a case.

For some reason I keep thinking Trips grew up in Montreal.

Triple H grew up in Nashua, New Hampshire, which is maybe an hour outside of Boston (45 miles or so though). A ton of people commute from Nashua to Boston for work and it's basically an outer suburb of Boston. 

New England sports fandom tends to follow I-91 (and the CT River) in Connecticut. Stephanie would have definitely grown up in the part of CT that would be full of Yankee fans. If you want a historical oddity, the people in Berkshire County, MA are NY sports fans too. Long story.

If Triple H weren't a New England sports fan, it'd be highly unusual. 

• Like 1

I could imagine HHH growing up in a family of Boston sports fans and that just being his default team. A lot of people have "favorite teams," that are basically just the local teams even if they don't actually follow the sport.

That's probably the most accurate. We're talking about two insanely busy workaholics but if you're going to go to the Super Bowl of course the team from New England is going to be their horse.

On Bryan and Vinny Bryan and said that picture should be used on Raw tonight.  With Daniel a Seahawks fan, that could add to their feud.  Steph is happy, and HHH has that smug muppet-like look on his face.  Talk about how heartbroken Daniel is and it could work.

granted, RAW is in Denver. So they might not be huge into the Seahawks

So he makes more as a paramedic than he does in TNA right. Unless he's a volunteer and even then he probably still does.

Also with CT and football, there's this literal broadcast dividing line when it comes to who are Giants/Jets fans and Pats fans. It's all about how far the radio and tv signals reach. Simply put where you live mostly likely determined who you rooted for.

tEDLQe.jpg

Please tell me this is just before his infamous arrest. I am seeing in my head The Iron Sheik just off camera cutting a promo on a pimply faced park worker after looking through one of those souvenir racks for a little license plate that says 'KHOSROW'. He's got a fanny pack with a Proto Pipe, a pack of Sno Seals and 14 Crunch bars in it, and the cooler is packed with ice and beer in the trunk of the Tercel. Somewhere a state trooper is reading a Sports Review Wrestling magazine, unaware of his date with destiny...

- RAF

• Like 2

So he makes more as a paramedic than he does in TNA right. Unless he's a volunteer and even then he probably still does.

Also with CT and football, there's this literal broadcast dividing line when it comes to who are Giants/Jets fans and Pats fans. It's all about how far the radio and tv signals reach. Simply put where you live mostly likely determined who you rooted for.

Yeah, that also explains how the Berkshires are filled with NYC sports fans, they're in the Albany, NY media market. 

Of course, I wonder if people in the Plattsburgh, NY area are Boston sports fans since they're in the Burlington, Vermont media market. The Burlington media market extends into New Hampshire as well so their coverage is pretty biased towards Boston spots. 

tEDLQe.jpg

Please tell me this is just before his infamous arrest. I am seeing in my head The Iron Sheik just off camera cutting a promo on a pimply faced park worker after looking through one of those souvenir racks for a little license plate that says 'KHOSROW'. He's got a fanny pack with a Proto Pipe, a pack of Sno Seals and 14 Crunch bars in it, and the cooler is packed with ice and beer in the trunk of the Tercel. Somewhere a state trooper is reading a Sports Review Wrestling magazine, unaware of his date with destiny...

- RAF

Unfortunately, it can't be. Duggan's run as King Duggan was in '89. Duggan and Sheiky baby were busted together in '87.