DVDVR Message Board

The Big Game, v.49

Dolfan in NYC

He was in the conversation before this Superbowl.

It's still a conversation though. Over drinks.

Probably. Recency might be blinding me, but right now I feel those two drives closed the discussion.

11 TDs with zero interceptions though. Eh, a discussion for another time..   Tonight we celebrate.

I think the Patriots not calling a timeout may have thrown them slightly, given what NE had done against the Giants in a similar situation (throwing Bradshaw into the endzone to get the ball back). Possibly they expected a clock stoppage and then for Lynch to be thrown in.

Tedy Bruschi moves to 7-0 as honorary captain (I would like to take some credit for today's win as I was rocking a Tedy jersey).

Anyway ladies and gents, it has been an absolute pleasure and we must do it again sometime. I'm off for 2 hours sleep and a lot of tea when I wake up.

Great game.. I can respect the Seahawks for one hell of a game, that came down to the end.. 

But the Pats homer in me wants to rail about the classless jerks that seem to play for the Seahawks. Pretend you're dropping your pants after a touchdown? Sherman mocking Revis on the sidelines after they run a ref pick to free someone for a touchdown? Start a fight when you've lost? Seahawks acted like thugs.

But wow, what a game, what a crazy fucking game. lowest of lows (Helmet catch part 2), highest of highs (Butler INT)

I definitely haven't watch enough football to say who's the best of all-time, but yeah. I guess Tom Brady has had a good run.  I guess. :mellow:

I still can't believe that ball was caught.  What a wasted miracle.

Edited by _MJ_

Great game.. I can respect the Seahawks for one hell of a game, that came down to the end.. 

But the Pats homer in me wants to rail about the classless jerks that seem to play for the Seahawks. Pretend you're dropping your pants after a touchdown? Sherman mocking Revis on the sidelines after they run a ref pick to free someone for a touchdown? Start a fight when you've lost? Seahawks acted like thugs.

But wow, what a game, what a crazy fucking game. lowest of lows (Helmet catch part 2), highest of highs (Butler INT)

They are perfectly booked heels.

I dunno.. I can understand them being disappointed they didn't win, but I dunno if throwing your coaches under the bus like this is a good thing:

Terence Moore ‏@TMooreSports 23m23 minutes ago
I’m in the Seahawks locker room. Wow. Talking about despair! Those who can speak are freely ripping that last play call. Big time

Not sure what was a more depressing end to a half in the Super Bowl:   that god damn domestic violence commercial in the 1st half or the play call in the second half.   

Apparently on the radio I heard that Pete Carroll did something very similar against Texas in the BCS Championship Game where 99% of the people disagreed with the call

I almost spit my drink out during that promo for "The Slap" hahaha.  Who the fuck is watching that?

Same people who voted for that Nationwide commercial in the USA Today list tomorrow?  

Jesus Collingsworth is still acting like DeflateGate is casting this shadow over the entire season.   

So weird that the most important players in the game never caught a pass and never had an INT 

Not sure what was a more depressing end to a half in the Super Bowl: that god damn domestic violence commercial in the 1st half or the play call in the second half.

Apparently on the radio I heard that Pete Carroll did something very similar against Texas in the BCS Championship Game where 99% of the people disagreed with the call

Remember this tomorrow ESPNs own stats guys on Twitter stated in a tweet that Lynch was 1-5 on runs from the 1 for TDs this season

I dunno.. I can understand them being disappointed they didn't win, but I dunno if throwing your coaches under the bus like this is a good thing:

Terence Moore ‏@TMooreSports 23m23 minutes ago

I’m in the Seahawks locker room. Wow. Talking about despair! Those who can speak are freely ripping that last play call. Big time

Eh.  I think it's better to get it out of the open right there than letting it fester.   Now, I don't know if this tweet means they're freely talking to media about it or if the media happens to be there while they're going at it. 

Right now, I bet they're more mad than disappointed.