DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 THREAD

RIPPA

I can't think of very many people who have less of a clue as to what makes pro wrestling good than Vince Russo. This clown got exposed so bad after he left the E I'm surprised anyone could take something he says about wrestling seriously.

To think, he had several runs as a booker in TNA 

As far as comedy acts go, if you can call it that, I prefer him a lot over Santino Marella.

If he was on the main roster, I think he could get annoying really fast, but the way it is now, every two weeks or so on NXT, he's fine.

Okay this NXT thread has officially jumped-the-shark! Enzo hate? No thanks. WWE 'comedy' is really hit or miss ( a lot of times its a miss), but Enzo's act is okay in small doses and hasn't become completely unbearable yet. WWE not booking the duo for EVERY NXT episode is a smart thing. Everything runs its course and I am not saying that Enzo's stuff is going to have Hulkamania legs, but fuck! It's good for now and I think WWE can get another year out of this act.

• Like 2

Enzo/Kass is one of the best things about NXT. There is always room for a goofball act on any good wrestling show.

They have an awesome entrance and are really not that bad in the ring at all. They're not great but they don't do what they can't. They have a good dynamic with Enzo as a hyperactive overmatched twerp and Kass as the big man equalizer. Carmella's also a great part of the act, too.

Carmella's intro vignettes were great wrestling nonsense.

I really don't want NXT to turn into some SERIOUS WRESTLING BUSINESS!!! league. That holds absolutely zero interest for me. The only guy at Rival who wrestled who has a cheese gimmick (in a good way) was Breeze. There was no comedy match. As great as Rival was, it didn't feel as fun as a lot of the other shows. 

I do like the looks of the next round of tapings with the weird comebacks to the roster.

• Like 1

Enzo/Kass is one of the best things about NXT. There is always room for a goofball act on any good wrestling show.

They have an awesome entrance and are really not that bad in the ring at all. They're not great but they don't do what they can't. They have a good dynamic with Enzo as a hyperactive overmatched twerp and Kass as the big man equalizer. Carmella's also a great part of the act, too.

Carmella's intro vignettes were great wrestling nonsense.

I really don't want NXT to turn into some SERIOUS WRESTLING BUSINESS!!! league. That holds absolutely zero interest for me. The only guy at Rival who wrestled who has a cheese gimmick (in a good way) was Breeze. There was no comedy match. As great as Rival was, it didn't feel as fun as a lot of the other shows. 

I do like the looks of the next round of tapings with the weird comebacks to the roster.

Well, there's always Raw. Hell, they don't even like the word "wrestling" over there. With that said, yeah, Enzo and Cass are fun...for now.

Big Cass and Enzo are probably one of the acts most likely to succeed on the main show.

I was quite surprised by the negativity displayed by the DVDVR crew on that podcast, but I will admit that there are not a lot of obvious superstars in waiting. Not convinced about Corbin at all, hard to see Itami reaching IC-level, Neville is pretty good but he'll need a gimmick, Breeze has a gimmick but there's something to the poor man Ziggler jibe, Demon Balor will get over but regular Balor not so much I'm thinking, Owens can't play Vader on RAW, Zayn can probably reach IC level as good a storyteller he is but main-event might be a stretch, Kalisto will shift the merch right enough, Blake & Murphy are a bust, Bull isn't gonna make it.

COME BACK MOJO, ALL IS FORGIVEN!!!!!

• Like 1

Wait, what? In what world can Sami Zayn not make the main event scene of WWE? He's basically a more WWE friendly Daniel Bryan without the "goat" look. He'll win the WWE crowd over and I'm guessing we'll see a similar affinity for him that they have for D-Bry.

There is a great deal of talent in NXT that could help bolster the main show's cast. Once Itami finds his footing for the style, he'll come off much less inhibited and more confident. Let him reclaim the GTS too. If Taz could get over as a badass, then Kevin Owens can get over as a badass. Balor is starting to differentiate between his normal act and the demon act. That could very likely be where he makes his money. It's not their fault WWE proper won't know what to do with them. Just as it isn't half of the roster's fault for not getting over with the atrocious writing. Basically, at this stage, the brain trust of WWE is like a cancer destroying its own show.

• Like 1

I don't care about the WWE call-up potential. Who knows? I'm just enjoying NXT. I know the point is that it's a training/developmental league for the WWE. But I also look at it how I like college basketball and the NBA. I like college basketball but don't watch to see who will make the NBA. I like college basketball because it's a fun sport on a smaller level (in most cases) that has a great atmosphere.

Or even comparing NXT to Raw at this point. They're like completely different universes owned by the same company.

NXT: One hour episodes pre-taped every month building to a regular live event. Relatively easy to control and write.
RAW: Three hour live episodes where an insane amount of things can happen and go wrong or need changing.

NXT: Performs in front of XXX hundred people who are the most supportive wrestling fans imaginable.

RAW: Performs in front of 20,000-ish people of a variety of age groups and interest levels.

NXT: Watched on the WWE Network, home of die hard rasslin' fans with the only commercials advertising other WWE programming.
WWE: Watched on a gigantic network that has all sorts of commercial breaks and demographic needs and etc.

It's an entire different structure. That's not saying NXT isn't better than Raw -- it is. But they're different structures entirely.

• Like 2