DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 THREAD

RIPPA

Owens being compared to 2014 Brock Lesnar is a reach, but 2002 Brock Lesnar isn't too far off the mark. Owens will eat offense in most of his matches and bump around some for the bigger names, but as long as he's winning clean, he'll look like a monster. He doesn't have Brock's look obviously, but he has the mobility, explosiveness, and intensity that fans buy into, and that's what matters. Plus, 260 or whatever they were billing him at during the Zayn match is huge in NXT. Probably makes him the 3rd heaviest guy there, but he moves more like Finn Balor than Bull Dempsey which makes him pretty damn scary in NXT kayfabe.

Kevin Owens is the best-case answer to the longstanding hypothetical question "What if Joe got in with WWE in 2005?"

I love that the three major priorities for everyone in NXT are titles, money, and following one's dreams. There's nothing about entertaining people or putting smiles on faces or getting the most tweets* or being the face of anything. It's belts, cash, and growing up loving wrestling.

*Exception: Uggo Destruction.

• Like 6

My 17 year old niece is obsessed with NXT, and she hates wrestling. Loves Bailey, Sami Zayn, Finn Bálor and Tyler Breeze.

Her boyfriend dumped her this week. She's down, so I made dinner and then I asked her tonight if she wanted to watch the special with me. She told me she heard what happens and doesn't think she can watch someone she loves get hurt right now.

Then she tweeted Tyler Breeze for relationship advice.

I love this kid.

• Like 16

LOL'd at fat sleazy steen with the "KO" shirt, that's gotta suck for chris hero

Steen doesn't really look all that fat to me. He looks to be in the best shape I have seen him.

Yeah, Adam Cole said on JR's podcast that Owens was learning about nutrition and losing weight a bit at a time. I can definitely see he's slimmer than before he was signed.

Steen was actually in way better shape several months before he signed with the WWE. I don't remember if it was ROH, or PWG, but he showed up and surprised a bunch of people with how much fat he'd lost/muscle mass he added. This was probably in anticipation for his tryout. He gained weight shortly after that. Not a big deal though. Steen has looked like this for many years now.

Vince Russo on Zayn-Owens:

The casual television viewing audience would absolutely scoff at this show. And, I don’t care it you give it SEVEN MILLION stars—it would never draw on a national level and that’s all that matters. And, if these young kids aren’t going to draw HERE—they certainly aren’t going to draw THERE.

Personally, I don’t care how the finish of the match was booked because I simply don’t care enough. Whoever is in charge hasn’t made me care enough.

Today [the finish] will be all right because it was NXT. Many will even try to make sense out of actually STOPPING a fight that wasn’t REAL to begin with. It’s called “the spin”? How you chose to make something look either “good”, or “bad” depending on your preference, or opinion.

Well, here’s my spin on the finish of last night’s man event match between Sammy Zayn and Kevin Owens. Ready? Good. IT SUCKED.

Vince Russo on Zayn-Owens:

The casual television viewing audience would absolutely scoff at this show. And, I don’t care it you give it SEVEN MILLION stars—it would never draw on a national level and that’s all that matters. And, if these young kids aren’t going to draw HERE—they certainly aren’t going to draw THERE.

Personally, I don’t care how the finish of the match was booked because I simply don’t care enough. Whoever is in charge hasn’t made me care enough.

Today [the finish] will be all right because it was NXT. Many will even try to make sense out of actually STOPPING a fight that wasn’t REAL to begin with. It’s called “the spin”? How you chose to make something look either “good”, or “bad” depending on your preference, or opinion.

Well, here’s my spin on the finish of last night’s man event match between Sammy Zayn and Kevin Owens. Ready? Good. IT SUCKED.

He's just trolling at this point.

I can't think of very many people who have less of a clue as to what makes pro wrestling good than Vince Russo. This clown got exposed so bad after he left the E I'm surprised anyone could take something he says about wrestling seriously.

• Like 2