DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlemania XXXI

Matt D

At least nothing looks to be Cole-Lawler levels of suck, so there is that. The inner mark in me is excited to see Sting at a Wrestlemania, Brock possibly one last time, the elaborate entrances and the US title match.

Possible entrance spoiler for Mania.

B_3ccTdWQAAjSWn.jpg

YES.

Hmmm.  Fit the demographic, Santa Clara is only 5 hours away and I think I make a convincing Russian Soldier ...

1045081_629823097028139_634341773_n.jpg?

• Like 1

B_3ccTdWQAAjSWn.jpg

YES.

Hmmm.  Fit the demographic, Santa Clara is only 5 hours away and I think I make a convincing Russian Soldier ...

1045081_629823097028139_634341773_n.jpg?

It says Russian Soldier, not a Russian Czar!!! 

• Like 1

Rusev riding in on a tank is the only acceptable Wrestlemania entrance for Rusev.

Since this Wrestlemania will be in a bay area, this would be the perfect opportunity to arrive in a riding on a submarine.

It says Russian Soldier, not a Russian Czar!!!

Yeah, I'd imagine they're going for a Russian soldier that might be guarding the Ukrainian border, not crushing the charge of the light brigade.

Rusev riding in on a tank is the only acceptable Wrestlemania entrance for Rusev.

Since this Wrestlemania will be in a bay area, this would be the perfect opportunity to arrive in a riding on a submarine.

Well, the bay's about 4 feet deep near Santa Clara, so that could be difficult.

• Like 1

Fuck it they should go all out and invite Putin to do Rusev's ring introduction

As much as I would mark out for Putin in Topless Cossack Cosplay Mode

Screen-shot-2012-08-20-at-10.41.31-PM.pn

I'm doubtful that they can convince Putin to travel 6000 miles just to put someone over.

This guy should be available, however:

yakov-smirnoff.jpg

At Wrestlemania, Cena Can't See You!

• Like 4

I think Cena's losing, due to shenanigans. Maybe someone turns and joins the Russian Revolution, and Rusev keeps crushing until he meets Reigns at SummerSlam for the belt.

Worried about what Sandow becomes after turning on Miz?  WORRY NO LONGER:

Damien "Nikita" Mizdov

Oh wait this is the WWE Universe, excuse me:  NIKOLAI Mizdov

So, as we get closer to Mania and Roman is now 99% sure to win, what happens. Does Vince "send them home happy" or is Reigns booed like he kicked a puppy? I don't watch Raw or Smackdown (no Dish/cable/etc.) so I haven't see with my own eyes how the crowd has reacted since Backlash.

This is great, but it needs the Leningrad Cowboys to be truly a spectacle.

B_3ccTdWQAAjSWn.jpg

YES.

So, as we get closer to Mania and Roman is now 99% sure to win, what happens. Does Vince "send them home happy" or is Reigns booed like he kicked a puppy? I don't watch Raw or Smackdown (no Dish/cable/etc.) so I haven't see with my own eyes how the crowd has reacted since Backlash.

Seems like he's getting a muted Cena reaction from the crowd.  Apparently at house shows he does get a strong face reaction and not as many boos.

I get that house show and televised crowds are somehow different but I mean come on the last few weeks he got almost nothing. The discrepancy can't be that high? 

I mean at this point literally everybody knows that Roman is supposed to be the guy and really isn't. After Mania they can't go too many directions. Rollins cash-in, Rusev defends against Cena and then chases Roman or what really? After burying every potential main eventer every week there are not that many options. 

But after all I gotta give it to them: BECAUSE this build-up is such a train wreck I'm keen to see where they are going with it. Cena will probably never win a world title again when he is called "old" already on TV. 

We need that Samoan feud! Joe as the new Heyman guy!

I think Vince is so delusional he might think Bryan winning the IC title will appease the fans. Then he can send him out again after the main event to celebrate together with Reigns. No way they will boo that.