DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlemania XXXI

Matt D

So they're putting the guy some people think shouldn't be in the main event because of his neck issues in a ladder match?

If I booked the match, Daniel Bryan should just sit at the announce table, talk about how the Authority put him in this match because they know of his bad neck and how he's going to just sit here and stay safe to foil the Authority's plan. Then after a big ladder spot where everyone is down, he sets up the ladder, runs up and grabs the belt. Bryan wins, doesn't take a single bump, and you could book it as either he outsmarted the Authority or he's a chickenshit who sat around and let everyone else fight for a belt he now holds

A.) The neck thing is just a talking point, that's less than 5% of the actual reason to Vince or whoever else might matter.

B.) It's not like wrestling is good for his well being period, much less with the style he wrestles. Inserting the ladder is probably marginal in possible physical risk for a dude that works like him.

IC title match is now a ladder match. Theoretically defending against Ambrose, Truth, & Bryan. I'm guessing another heel gets added.

If this is true, then 

5691a5e1d316da2178fbef2ca412f23e2a9d3ea0

and I still don't see Bryan in it. But what the fuck else he would do, aside from the shameful idea of a Sheamus rematch with absolutely no build, I have no idea.

The big problem with the Sheamus idea is that there's no outcome that makes sense. If the motivation is "I beat you in 18 seconds", then you have to have Bryan go over, in which case it's useless for Sheamus. Sheamus going over is even dumber, which makes me worry that's exactly the lpan.

I would be willing to bet Sheamus will return and get involved in this stupid IC title stuff. So, he'll be in that match too.

Barrett, Ziggler, Truth, Ambrose, Sheamus and Bryan would be 6 guys. Not overkill, but just approaching it considering the number of competitors.

Mind you, I'm a guy that doesn't believe half the "shoots" we've heard about really are, but what's to stop Lesnar from deciding if he's going away anyway that losing hurts him and just shooting on Reigns in the main event?

Mind you, I'm a guy that doesn't believe half the "shoots" we've heard about really are, but what's to stop Lesnar from deciding if he's going away anyway that losing hurts him and just shooting on Reigns in the main event?

I've read similar statements on Wreddit.  That it's even been brought up is somewhat scary.

182aadb.jpg

• Like 1

At some point in the future Brock is going to want to take Vince's money again, shooting on Roman Reigns in the main event of WrestleMania, will almost assuredly prevent that from ever happening.

I don't get people who think Brock losing in the main event of Mania to Roman (or anyone else) would damage him for MMA. There is no one who watches MMA who will think "Brock lost to that Reigns dude at Mania, I'm not going to pay to see that loser fight Overeem/Miocic/Mir/whoever."