DVDVR Message Board

2015 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

Apparently the hot rumor now is that the Broncos were thinking about trading Peyton Manning to the Texans this offseason.  Everyone is claiming that it is bogus including the Texans

There was a rumor that Peyton wanted to come to the Texans and play for Kubiak back when he got released from the Colts (the Texans elected to roll the dice with the Matt Schaub experience. /facepalm).  Financially, there's no way it would work this year, even after cutting Andre Johnson.  There's no way there's any truth to it. 

And fuck Peyton.  He's got, what one more year?  And he looked absolutely pathetic at the end of last year.  Not interested at any price.  I'll take my chances with Mallett, Hoyer, and Savage.  /sobs.

NFLPA, without his consent or assistance, has filed a complaint over Malcolm Butler being punished for being late to voluntary offseason workouts. Personally, I would love for the league to drop the hammer on this kind of stuff. I mean, really, really, really drop the hammer. Either ban "voluntary" workouts entirely or reaaaaally punish those who make them de factor "mandatory". As in, you lose your head coach and GM for a year and ALL draft picks for the next season.

Really, though, the better option is to just ban them entirely. Something like "no more than 3 players in one place doing any kind of football drill, practice, or workout" being against the rules. Something like that.

A federal judge upheld the Redskins' trademark removal. The name is almost out of coffin nails to hammer.

That said, they have appeals left so we can look forward to a whole new round of Snyder paying off fake Natives as shills.

Ed just texted me that too - so someone must be reporting it

Oh yeah - Raiders released a statement

God damn this sucks

Fuck Cancer

I never understood why he wasn't in the Hall of Fame.   When people talk about it gets very mysterious like he did something really really bad.  

He did live a hard life and was the perfect Raiders QB in terms of his style and swagger

I never understood why he wasn't in the Hall of Fame.   When people talk about it gets very mysterious like he did something really really bad.  

He did live a hard life and was the perfect Raiders QB in terms of his style and swagger

Kenny rubbed a lot of people the wrong way with his perceived lack of professionalism.  Like staying out until 5AM before a game and getting into bar fight and throwing 4 Interceptions.  Of course the Stabler legend in the second half of that game he threw 4 touchdowns and nearly won the game.  A lot of the old NFL writers, well mainly Paul Zimmerman feel he should have had a lot more success but he won a lot of games.  Not his fault they ran into the Steelers buzzsaw every year.  Then there was that old story about one of the Raiders beat writers Bob Pedecky going down to Gulf Shores Alabama to dig up dirt on Stabler after he had a rough season and supposedly one of Stablers buddies planted drugs in his car to smear him.  Quick way to get the writers against you

I'm too young to have seen Stabler play outside of archive footage, but I've heard the stories, even read his autobiography when I was in middle school, and the man became legend to me. Easily the greatest Raiders' QB in history (unless you really, really, value Plunkett's second SB), and the personification of what Oakland Raiders meant.

I'm too young to have seen Stabler play outside of archive footage, but I've heard the stories, even read his autobiography when I was in middle school, and the man became legend to me. Easily the greatest Raiders' QB in history (unless you really, really, value Plunkett's second SB), and the personification of what Oakland Raiders meant.

You could probably put "the mad bomber" Daryle Lamonica over Plunkett, and maybe Stabler too.  RIP Snake. . . 

One of the true characters of the game. Hope God doesn't tell him "Hey, you've had luck keepin the Tooz on a leash down on earth.. mind keeping him from wreckin Heaven?"

(read his book.. one of the funniest stories was when he got dismissed from Alabama's football team after incurring the wrath of Bear Bryant. He figured "Aw, it don't mean nothin' cuz it's the offseason. I'll lay low and just show up for the first day of practice and all will be forgiven". That plan changed when he got a telegram from another famous Alabama QB, Joe Namath. It was simple "HE MEANS IT".)
  • Like 1

So Stabler isn't in because he liked to booze it up, but Peter King wants to make damn sure voters don't take Darren Sharper's multi-rapes into account when evaluating his case.

Fucking sportswriters man....

• Like 2

Former Texans wide receiver JaJuan Dawson is missing after falling into a lake:

Article on MSN

Article says alcohol wasn't involved and four other people were on the boat.  How do you go missing on a lake under those circumstances?