DVDVR Message Board

2015 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

Giants are interviewing Spags and Pepper Johnson.

I am totally cool with both of that.

Realizing that Pepper has been an assistant for 15 years now though made me really sad

Not sure how I feel about this news.   He is definitely a HOF assistant coach and you can't take that away from him.  But the last 4 or 5 years the defense has really dropped.  what is hard to figure out is whether it was because the talent was getting old really fast and they did a weak job of strengthening up with free agents and draft or it was his coaching.     I have a feeling that this defense that we don't like with LeBeau isn't going to dramatically improve with a new coordinator.   At least not for a couple years.   Hopefully proven wrong

NFL has announced that two of the three International Series games (Jets/Dolphins and Bills/Jaguars) will kick off at about 9:30 AM Eastern time.

I think NBC's numbers for the EPL shows you can get sports fans watching in the morning.

Schefter reporting that the Bills are bringing Rex Ryan back for a second interview.

Apparently he's staying at Pegula's house tonight, and I've heard(twitter) that he wants Trestman as his OC. . . .For better or worse, Ralph would NEVER have done something like that. . . 

I think Rex is a great coach who was dragged down by the Jets and I think Trestman is a damn good offensive mind who is wholly unsuited to be a head coach. All seems like a slam dunk to me. I'd be interested to see what Kuetsar thinks of all this. 

Seriously, if Rex doesn't get stuck rehabbing EJ into a pro QB, they're gonna do big things.

Super excited about Rex, less about Greg Roman as OC, but I doubt he can be much worse that Hackett, or any of the other OC's Buffalo has had for the last umpteen years.  Not sure why other Bills fans(on twitter or facebook-comments on stories; I don't usually go down that rabbit hole), are so down; I mean the dude took Mark FUCKING Sanchez to the Afc title game, and I doubt seriously that EJ is going to remain the only QB option. . . .

Ugh.  I hate hate hate this hire. 

The Bills are going to be involved in a lot of 10-7 games next year.   Mostly wins too. 

Damn it. 

If a Dolphin fan hates it, it must be good. . .  :)  Ralph Wilson was a HOF owner, but did not spend much on coaches. Whether it works or not, at least Pegula is putting some money into the team. As for Marrone, it looks like he will probably end as a special assistant in Houston. . .LOL. 

If I was a Falcons fan, I'd be PISSED that they dragged their feat and allowed the Bills the sneak in like this. . . 

Super excited about Rex, less about Greg Roman as OC, but I doubt he can be much worse that Hackett, or any of the other OC's Buffalo has had for the last umpteen years.  Not sure why other Bills fans(on twitter or facebook-comments on stories; I don't usually go down that rabbit hole), are so down; I mean the dude took Mark FUCKING Sanchez to the Afc title game, and I doubt seriously that EJ is going to remain the only QB option. . . .

I thought the word was that Rex wanted Trestman as his OC?

I thought the word was that Rex wanted Trestman as his OC?

So did I, but the 4 letter report was saying they were looking at Greg Roman. . . .

I'm not a football fan. But I do think it would be hilarious (and likely dangerous in Philly) to get a custom made Cowboys jersey that reads "Gov. Christie" on the back. I might do it if they win today.

Where can I get a cheap personalized jersey? Everything on NFL.com is way too expensive. There has to be some place I can get this bootlegged, right?

I'm not a football fan. But I do think it would be hilarious (and likely dangerous in Philly) to get a custom made Cowboys jersey that reads "Gov. Christie" on the back. I might do it if they win today.

Where can I get a cheap personalized jersey? Everything on NFL.com is way too expensive. There has to be some place I can get this bootlegged, right?

Guess you dont want to live long enough to go to this years curling finals. ;)

• Like 1

It'll work in Jersey.

In Philly, shit, don't go anywhere south with it.  

That said, Amazon would work, but its hard to find a knockoff one, since the NFL is pretty agressive to take out knockoff places.