DVDVR Message Board

2015 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

Another reason to hate the fucking Falcons. I was mad enough when the Jets fired Rex, and now he's going within the division. The only way this could be worse is if he went to be New England's defensive co-ordinator.

2015: I hate football again. Fuck.

I'm not a football fan. But I do think it would be hilarious (and likely dangerous in Philly) to get a custom made Cowboys jersey that reads "Gov. Christie" on the back. I might do it if they win today.

Where can I get a cheap personalized jersey? Everything on NFL.com is way too expensive. There has to be some place I can get this bootlegged, right?

It'll work in Jersey.

In Philly, shit, don't go anywhere south with it.

That said, Amazon would work, but its hard to find a knockoff one, since the NFL is pretty agressive to take out knockoff places.

LOL that's not even remotely true. They don't touch Amazon at all, completely ignore eBay, and don't really care about bootleg sites. Seriously, probably 95% of all jerseys on Amazon and eBay, at least for superstars, are bootlegs.

Is Rex really going to change the Bills for the better? Seriously.

Also, seems like a weird fit. Buffalo is so blue collar and Rex likes to run his mouth.

You know after having corpses like Jauron, Gailey, and even Doug Marrone, having a loud mouth will be a refreshing change. . .

Was I high yesterday or did the ball bounce off the turf before Dez ever possessed the ball? There were clear angles that seemed to show as much. As strange as it is to say it, I think the zebras actually got that one right. The Calvin Johnson rule was always and remains bizarre because he clearly possessed the ball in the end zone. That used to be automatic TD; no football move required. As for yesterday, it flat out sucks to admit it but I don't think Dez ever possessed the ball in the first place to even make a football move with.

What's interesting is that in the post-game, Peyton said there was no injury to his left thigh, his right thigh was good and didn't bother him, and if there was anything wrong, it was news to him.

Here's the quotes:

"I've had that one thigh injury that I had in that San Diego game that's kind of hung around. I felt like I've tried to manage it. I felt like I could manage it. I completed some passes and won some games with it. So it kind of hung around, just that one thigh. But there was nothing more to it than that. It felt good coming into the game today."

Can't find the other comment about his left leg. It may be on ESPN, which I can't access from work.

This explains a ton about why his level of play fell off a cliff in the last month. I thought it was due to them having a ton of confidence in CJ, but it turns out that it was way more than that.

I think he comes back next year, but who knows what that team will look like. 

Was I high yesterday or did the ball bounce off the turf before Dez ever possessed the ball? There were clear angles that seemed to show as much. As strange as it is to say it, I think the zebras actually got that one right. The Calvin Johnson rule was always and remains bizarre because he clearly possessed the ball in the end zone. That used to be automatic TD; no football move required. As for yesterday, it flat out sucks to admit it but I don't think Dez ever possessed the ball in the first place to even make a football move with.

It definitely hit the ground and moved when he reached for the endzone, so by the letter of the (horribly stupid) rule, it wasn't a catch.  But he caught it and pulled it into his chest before that, so I think he clearly had possession as defined in all other football leagues and levels.

Brian, I'm gonna say this real gentle: You don't understand the rule. The rule is actually pretty darn clear and is a VAST improvement over what came before it, which was no clear rules on anything.

Here is the actual rule:

(a) secures control of the ball in his hands or arms prior to the ball touching the ground; and

(b) touches the ground inbounds with both feet or with any part of his body other than his hands; and

© maintains control of the ball long enough, after (a) and (b) have been fulfilled, to enable him to perform any act common to the game (i.e., maintaining control long enough to pitch it, pass it, advance with it, or avoid or ward off an opponent, etc.).

And then this:

Item 1: Player Going to the Ground. If a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or without contact by an opponent), he must maintain control of the ball throughout the process of contacting the ground, whether in the field of play or the end zone. If he loses control of the ball, and the ball touches the ground before he regains control, the pass is incomplete. If he regains control prior to the ball touching the ground, the pass is complete.

Dez went to the ground in the act of catching the ball. He leapt in the air, caught the ball, and his moment carried him a couple steps. He then went to the ground, still in motion from his leap, and the ball popped loose.

To me, the rule is clear, is pretty well-written, and this was a great example of correct enforcement.

Condescend much? Jesus.

If I was condescending, it certainly wasn't intentional. And I think you, and Brian too, should know me well enough by now to know I wouldn't intentionally be insulting.