DVDVR Message Board

MGFanJay

It's like how torch-passing moments are diluted nowadays by one wrestler doing promos saying "I AM PASSING YOU THE TORCH" and the other wrestler doing promos saying "YOU ARE PASSING ME THE TORCH" and the commentators screaming "HE'S PASSING THE TORCH!"

This suddenly made me think of the commercials I'm seeing for that horrible Peter Pan live thing, where when he starts flying the song they sing goes:

"I'm FLYIIIIIING"

"She's FLYING!"

"I'm FLYIIIIIING!!"

"You're FLYIIIIIINNGG!!!"

GODDAMNITWEALLKNOWYOUREFUCKINGFLYINGPUTALITTLEMOREWORKINTOWRITINGYOURLYRICS!!!!

What a great Raw debut for the New Day: losing to a thrown-together jobber team.

Via distraction schoolboy.

Are finishes even discussed backstage anymore?  Does the talent just walk up to the writers now and ask "So, distraction schoolboy or Kane/Seth Rollins run-in?"

• Like 1

Is it a rib on Fandango that they managed to find the one person in the entire company less psychically coordinated than Summer Rae and made her his new dance partner?  She literally has trouble standing in place and swaying back and forth without falling over.

There was a wrestling show before the interview???

It's funny.  I didn't watch RAW last week.  Didn't watch Smackdown.  RAW is on my DVR right now, and reading what few comments there are, I'll probably never watch it.

But between the Punk and Vince interviews, I've probably never been so happy to be a wrestling fan since WrestleMania.  There's just a joy that I can't explain to anybody.  Not only in hearing things that I almost feel I shouldn't hear but hearing from two major talents express the very problems I have with wrestling these days.  Hearing Punk and Austin publicly acknowledge that there are problems.  Feeling that there may be hope that things may change for the better. That I'll watch RAW and be surprised by some amazing angle or a better show as a result.

And the other part of me knowing that the best surprise or angle they can come up with is "Randy Orton or Roman Reigns is back" while telegraphing it for the entire show.

Oh Fuck "Big REd" is the most Vince cocaine fart thing I've ever heard:

"I Like the SOund of that, Son!  HERE COMES>>>BIIIIIG RRRRRRRREDDDD!!!! YEAH..WHADYA THINK KID, OHMAHGAWEDBIIIIIGRRRREEEEEEDDDDD WITH THE BODDDDY SLAAAAAAMMMM!!!!

I think this is your ticket, kid.  close the door on your way out."

Did someone call for Big Red?

https://screen.yahoo.com/big-red-000000055.html

(because the board doesn't like it when I try to embed Yahoo media)

Replace "wine maker" with "moonshiner" and I think maybe someone showed Vince one of those moonshiner shows on Discovery. I want to believe they came up with Big Red because Vince loves the gum and he goes through a ten pack during a show.

Other than that I skipped most of this show cause I was attempting to do a paper. Reading the recap of this show it seems I did not miss much.

Saw the first half hour of RAW turned it off when New Day started chucking and jiving.  My tolerance for WWE stuff is at an all-time low.

I could sit through White Castle of Fear and Sid and Vader in flip-flops. 

What they're putting out there now is so boring and stale is worse than 2000 WCW.

Raw is treading water and announcing random matches for TLC, but it was nice to see Michael Cole masterfully showing the roster how to put down "What" chants by simply removing the dramatic pauses from Creative's stupid script.

It's like how torch-passing moments are diluted nowadays by one wrestler doing promos saying "I AM PASSING YOU THE TORCH" and the other wrestler doing promos saying "YOU ARE PASSING ME THE TORCH" and the commentators screaming "HE'S PASSING THE TORCH!"

This suddenly made me think of the commercials I'm seeing for that horrible Peter Pan live thing, where when he starts flying the song they sing goes:

"I'm FLYIIIIIING"

"She's FLYING!"

"I'm FLYIIIIIING!!"

"You're FLYIIIIIINNGG!!!"

GODDAMNITWEALLKNOWYOUREFUCKINGFLYINGPUTALITTLEMOREWORKINTOWRITINGYOURLYRICS!!!!

Still the best live Peter Pan of all.

• Like 1

I don't think Big Red is a bad name. There was a red-headed kid in my high school and his nickname was Period Head. That shit stuck for 4 years. They could have called Rowan Period Face.

Austin after WM13 would have also applied as period face.

Replace "wine maker" with "moonshiner" and I think maybe someone showed Vince one of those moonshiner shows on Discovery. I want to believe they came up with Big Red because Vince loves the gum and he goes through a ten pack during a show.

Other than that I skipped most of this show cause I was attempting to do a paper. Reading the recap of this show it seems I did not miss much.

I hope we get Tickle as a guest host for Raw.