DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

Never did get the internet hype for Kennedy. Ok so he says his name twice, what else does he got? I know we've all moved on to pretending that we always hated him, but can someone tell me what was supposed to be the big argument for pushing Ken Kennedy?

At least I remember why we were calling for a Miz push and getting mad that Cena squashed him after all that time Miz spent calling him out.

• Like 1

Never did get the internet hype for Kennedy. Ok so he says his name twice, what else does he got? I know we've all moved on to pretending that we always hated him, but can someone tell me what was supposed to be the big argument for pushing Ken Kennedy?

At least I remember why we were calling for a Miz push and getting mad that Cena squashed him after all that time Miz spent calling him out.

Kennedy was a decent heel promo, and he had enough charisma that the crowd was willing to buy into him as a babyface the two times they tried it. Seemed to be at least carryable and not out of place against top guys.

He was actually a lot better when he didn't have a stable finisher to base his matches around - The Mic Check is really lame (see also: Dark Matter) and made him a lot harder to take seriously. He lost muscle mass also post-Eddy, and whilst that actually helped guys like Orton in terms of charisma, it hurt Kennedy's look a lot.

To be fair, I wasn't that into him but there was something there.

wwf_survivorseries1993_rocknroll.jpg

That was so weird seeing the RNR in the WWF even at that point. I know it was a cross promotion time, but still weird nonetheless.

I just watched that match yesterday. It definitely felt off seeing them in the WWF. Especially when they're busting out 80's NWA spots like Gibson's flying headscissors, the double-dropkick and the f'n double-team rowboat.

Kennedy was a decent heel promo, and he had enough charisma that the crowd was willing to buy into him as a babyface the two times they tried it. Seemed to be at least carryable and not out of place against top guys.

He was actually a lot better when he didn't have a stable finisher to base his matches around - The Mic Check is really lame (see also: Dark Matter) and made him a lot harder to take seriously. He lost muscle mass also post-Eddy, and whilst that actually helped guys like Orton in terms of charisma, it hurt Kennedy's look a lot.

To be fair, I wasn't that into him but there was something there.

He was booked fairly well during his initial run too. It's easy to shit on him now but he was pretty decent in the ring during his push and he had some charisma. He probably wasn't ready for the level of push he was getting (sound familiar?) but who knows, he might've kept improving and grown into it with the WWE machine behind him.

His (initial) character was that he talked really loudly. It was good enough for 2005!

• Like 1

His (initial) character was that he talked really loudly. It was good enough for 2005!

As someone who really doesn't like Kenndy/Anderson, there's a few moments in TNA on the mic where I could see those flashes of "OK, I can see why someone might try to push him..." and then he got super obnoxious and wrestled like shit and I remembered why I really didn't like his work.

But then I heard the Aziz bit from We Watch Wrestling and he almost got back in my good graces... almost.