DVDVR Message Board

2014 NCAAF: Week 11

Dolfan in NYC

Huge week in college football: 

Notre Dame finally gets a shot at a "quality win" to go along with their "quality loss" vs #14 ASU this week.

TCU/Kansas State looks fun, but will mean nothing because none of them will get by the SEC schools in the rankings.

Utah gets a good shot at throwing everything into complete chaos if they beat Oregon.

Ohio State & Michigan St play to see who gets to beat Nebraska in a month (and then bitch about why they got left out of the playoffs)

and finally... An ex of mine went to UT-Martin.  I hope Mississippi State beats them by 100.

AP Sez:

#1 Cinderella, it's 11:58...

#2 Why do we always hire whiny twats as our head coach?

#3 Leapfrog

#4 Maybe if we put out enough PR stories, we can forget about what our coach did to Miami, LSU, and Sparty

#5 Well, someone has to force Alabama out.

Well, seems the NCAA really is just a paper tiger. (My "shocked" face goes here.)

Emails uncovered in the state of Pennsylvania lawsuit against the NCAA basically admitted they have no true enforcement power and are hoping the embarrassment of the situation is enough to keep everyone in line. 

Oh, and a linebacker named Ukeme Eligwe was kicked off FSU's team.  Just exactly does one have to do for that to happen?  Run over Grandma? Pledge allegience to ISIS? This is FSU, anything goes for them.

Not be as good as Winston?

• Like 2

What's amazing is that with Winston, you instantly say "Yep, that sounds plausible" even when it really doesn't.

If there's ANY truth to the allegations, I would think that would hurt him with the NFL more than the rape allegation. Who cares about whether you abuse women when there the is evil of gambling to worry about?(not my personal opinion of course). . . .

My favourite thing about the anti-gambling lobbies in the US is it's funded incredibly heavily by groups like the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission whose livelihood depends on gambling and have no actual moral objection to gambling at all. They just don't want you betting on online poker or football because come on who's picking horse racing over that.

Oh, and a linebacker named Ukeme Eligwe was kicked off FSU's team.  Just exactly does one have to do for that to happen?  Run over Grandma? Pledge allegience to ISIS? This is FSU, anything goes for them.

Well, Randy Moss had to do time in jail and then violate probation by smoking pot to get kicked out of FSU.  So...there's your neighborhood for Ukeme's transgression.

Also at that time FSU was loaded at WR so Bowden let him move on to Marshall.

This week's slate of games is loaded and will really set the foundation for which 4 teams will make the playoffs.

How we long for the good old days of FSU football where the players merely stole clothes from Dillards.

In the good old days of FSU 6 to 8 players got arrested and that was just in the summer every year.

KU beats Iowa State 34-14. Pretty good chance Bowen gets the interim tag removed, even with just that one win. The team looks like it gives a shit, and being a former Lawrence High/KU player, the local support is there. Plus he'll be cheap, which never hurts.