DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for October 10, 2014

ChesterCopperpot

Mizdow was playing to the crowd the whole time during his chants. I hope they don't decide to break him off yet, his act is very enjoyable.

Has it been acknowledged yet that his character over the last eight months has basically been a man having a massive psychotic break manifesting as a series of dissociative identity fugue states in response to career and personal failures?
This might be the greatest thing I've ever read on this board. I'd give it a million likes if I could, but since I can't, I gave it one.

1. Kane defeated Adam Rose. Kane squashed Rose in under a minute with a chokeslam. The Rosebuds tended to Rose. Kane destroyed all of the Rosebuds with the exception of The Bunny, which would have popped the hell out of me...

Man, smarks really HATE that bunny.  Might be money in a bunny heel run...honey.

Ambrose, Rollins, and Reigns are all bigger stars now than they were at Mania. I feel like if they can get Barrett, Bryan, and Reigns back along with a few call ups they shouldn't have to rely on old timers next Mania.

I went with the rug-rat, but had to leave early because it was a school night (for her - I should fed her some Pepsi and cotton candy, the damn teachers can deal with her tomorrow). I didn't know that it was the 15th anniversary show, so that was a pleasant surprise. Too much talking, not enough wrestling. The endless promos to justify the booking (or, really, to explain the characters) are like unnecessary voiceover exposition in movies - tell the story in the ring. I miss the days when you could buy a program and it had the matches listed inside.

Everybody seemed over and some folks got shockingly big reactions, even at the mention of their names. Tyler Breeze looked great and heeled it up nicely. Bo Dallas was great on the mic. I was greatly & pleasantly shocked at the big pops Adrian Neville received. The Adam Rose/Kane segment was fun. I have dug on thee Lana/Rusev for a while, but they were so over and great live. Brilliant on it's own, and the fact that the gimmick is pure throwback without any irony or winkwinknudgenudge is so good. I reiterate this: Big Show really really need to do a Krusher Khrushchev and join up with them to fight decadent Amerikan capitalism. Give him a red singlet w/a yellow hammer'n'sickle on it, cossack boots, a Lenin beard and an urshanka, and rename his Punch "Putin's Hammer". People were sure that Ziggler was gonna win, Rollins got resounding boos, and Cena had a legit big reaction of mixed chants, cheers and catcalls.

Very fun, even from the nosebleeds. Now the tyke wants to see Hell in a/the Cell.

bless her little mark heart,

RAF

• Like 2

If Big Show turned commie, the Sickle and Hammer would be a cool mod of his current finish. First, a handheld short-arm lariat, then pull the guy back up for the punch. Sure, it might be a laborious finisher for a guy of his size. It could be pretty cool if built up and sold like it's more of an instant death move than the single KO. Like, he hates the U.S. that much more, that he'd double up for an ensured victory.

Big diff between decadent Amerikan capitalism and modern Russki (oligarchic) kapitalism (at least in a heat-getting rassling context, our empire is declinig whilst theirs is rising, etc...). Big Showski as a throwback textbook commie tolerated by Lana for his usefulness and power is rubles, baby!

I must also mark out for Heyman's pre-show speech: the man is a master. I was on the fence about Bo Dallas but his mic work and ring heeling was genius. 

calling Uncle Ivan,

RAF

• Like 1

The opening segment was just a ton of fun. Steph had her Cena ass-smacking getup on and was both playing face and heel within this segment. The constant Network jokes are bizarre because they're literally turning the biggest company gamble in 25 years into a running joke. Loved Steph's dance because it was both wacky and bouncy. Kane-Rose was a really fun squash. Loved the rosebuds sacrificing themselves for the bunny. Seth-Kofi was a thing - Kofi being a ten-time champion really seems worthless since he's just a jobber. Divas match was short, but fun. Team Teddy vs. Team Johnny was a backdrop for amusing commentary, which was fantastic. Sheamus being all wacky doing a chain of chest beats was weird, but a new twist on that spot. The Rock-HHH skit was just bizarre since you've got HHH and Steph as heels, but also as faces, and it's just bizarre. Rock and HHH still have good chemistry, but I don't want to see a WM match between them. I don't even want to watch their matches on the Network, let alone with them trying to go through the motions of things 15 years later. Cena and Dean were pretty good on Miz TV, but Cena was entirely too happy about Dean knocking him out. This did make sense later with him kind of luring Dean into a false sense of security and then AAing him after Dean hit the Tiger Mask-style double arm DDT. Definitely a newsworthy show, and one worth checking out.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/10/wwe-smackdown-10-10-14-sd-15th.html

Screens -

486831356956121.jpg

1ce64b356956287.jpg

d459c7356956497.jpg

1d05c8356972916.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/prmnvefk8oyxxi4dyqxvlkly20rhksha

• Like 1