DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL - WEEK FOUR

RIPPA

Following up on the Panthers RB situation

Mike Tolbert - hairline fracture/bone bruise in his left leg below his knee and is expected to miss at least a month.

Jonathan Stewart - severely sprained right knee.

There only healthy RBs at the moment are Darrin Reaves - who they just called up from the practice squad last week and Lache Seastruck - who was signed to the practice squad last week. (Seastruck was with the Skins in preseason and is tiny but super fast.)

BTW - I am amused that you will be closer to the Fins game then you normally would.

God - Roger Goodell might be trying to kill the idea of a London franchise. HERE GOOD PEOPLE OF THE UK! SUFFER THROUGH THE RAIDERS/FINS!

• Like 2

I will be in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean when the Dolphins play the Raiders.  If you hear about the Explorer of the Seas sinking, you'll know what happened in the game. 

Grr...

As a Raider fan, I would like to think you are set for potential harm.  But as a REALIST Raider fan, I know the worst thing that could happen is you accidentally poking your eye with the umbrella from your drink.

Stupid football.

It's going to be worse next year, they're actively looking to put 4 games in London.   By game 4, regardless of who's there, I'm sure the Winnipeg Blue Bombers would draw as big a crowd. 

This season's wembley games are obviously the next big test. The past couple of years have been successful, if non-partisan. The lions/falcons game happening at 1330 uk time means the west coasters who wanna watch an arguably decent game have to be up for 3am to watch it. Not a chance.

I'm all for the sharing of football wealth - the niners game last season was a fun watch for me - but seriously? Wrong time of day to do it.

The persistent rumour on this side (NFL UK marketing etc) is to move the Jags to London once the Wembley deals are up in 2018. I can see the sense in it; over saturated state with teams, attendance numbers not as good as they should be...but I cant see it happening.

Following up on the Panthers RB situation

Mike Tolbert - hairline fracture/bone bruise in his left leg below his knee and is expected to miss at least a month.

Jonathan Stewart - severely sprained right knee.

There only healthy RBs at the moment are Darrin Reaves - who they just called up from the practice squad last week and Lache Seastruck - who was signed to the practice squad last week. (Seastruck was with the Skins in preseason and is tiny but super fast.)

I am going to the Skins / Giants game on Thursday..  For the sake of the awesomeness of my weekend, your fucking G-Men had better win.

Steelers have the struggling Bucs on the late game on Sunday but they got banged up last weekend.  I am prayerful that despite injuries, the Steelers will not drop a heartbreaker to these assholes.

Well it's about that time of the season when I look to the one thing my beloved Bucs have a chance of winning; that being the beloved #1 Draft Pick.  So ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls it is time for your 2014 Top of the Bottom rankings!  As usual It's based on record followed by strength of schedule.  Let's get to those rankings!

Honorary Mention: Roger Goodell

1) 0-3 Jacksonville

2) 0-3 Tampa

3) 0-3 Oakland

4) 1-2 Indianapolis

5) 1-2 Tennessee

6) 1-2 New York (Giants)

7) 1-2 Cleveland

8) 1-2 New Orleans

9) 1-2 Minnesota

Looking at the rankings this week it must be Unofficial Suck Like a Pirate Day as the Raiders and the Bucs are in a three way tie with the dynasty that is Jacksonville.  Indy and New Orleans are surprise guests, but I expect them to fall off the list as the wins start to add up.  Everyone else feels like they belong here, but you never know what the rest of the season will bring. Both Jacksonville and Minnesota letting Rookiemania run wild at Quarterback, but given who they are replacing I can't help but think it will hinder their chances to stay at the top of the list.  I don't see the top three changing after this weeks games, but there could be some movement in the bottom five.  Tune in next week to find out!

• Like 1

Well it's about that time of the season when I look to the one thing my beloved Bucs have a chance of winning; that being the beloved #1 Draft Pick.  So ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls it is time for your 2014 Top of the Bottom rankings!  As usual It's based on record followed by strength of schedule.  Let's get to those rankings!

1) 0-3 Jacksonville

2) 0-3 Tampa

3) 0-3 Oakland

4) 1-2 Indianapolis

5) 1-2 Tennessee

6) 1-2 New York (Giants)

7) 1-2 Cleveland

8) 1-2 New Orleans

9) 1-2 Minnesota

Looking at the rankings this week it must be Unofficial Suck Like a Pirate Day as the Raiders and the Bucs are in a three way tie with the dynasty that is Jacksonville.  Indy and New Orleans are surprise guests, but I expect them to fall off the list as the wins start to add up.  Everyone else feels like they belong here, but you never know what the rest of the season will bring. Both Jacksonville and Minnesota letting Rookiemania run wild at Quarterback, but given who they are replacing I can't help but think it will hinder their chances to stay at the top of the list.  I don't see the top three changing after this weeks games, but there could be some movement in the bottom five.  Tune in next week to find out!

Mmm.  Number three.  But with the Raiders having the AFC West AND the NFC West on their schedule, I can see them making a serious play for #1.

Sadly, I don't even get the Jadeveon Clowney cocktease this year.

Tolbert was placed on short term IR... and to fill his spot the Panthers signed....

a linebacker....

So the thought is they believe Deangelo Williams will be ready to play

1) 0-3 Jacksonville

2) 0-3 Tampa

3) 0-3 Oakland

4) 1-2 Indianapolis

5) 1-2 Tennessee

6) 1-2 New York (Giants)

7) 1-2 Cleveland

8) 1-2 New Orleans

9) 1-2 Minnesota

Mmm.  Number three.  But with the Raiders having the AFC West AND the NFC West on their schedule, I can see them making a serious play for #1.

Sadly, I don't even get the Jadeveon Clowney cocktease this year.

Raiders play the AFC east too. . .so two more losses to go!

Steelers actually have Bucs, Jags, Browns, and Texans the next four weeks. Obviously they should go 4-0 against those cream puffs but the Steelers being the Steelers I fully expect 2 wins and 2 "holy shit how did they lose to that team?" type losses. We are the most consistently inconsistent team in the league.

Awesome to see Jimmy Harrison back, tho. He all but begged the Steelers to take him back on a vet minimum deal this summer and for whatever reason the team wasn't interested. I think as a designated pass rusher seeing 5-10 snaps per game, he might make a few plays. Like the David Ortiz of football - old guy who can still hit home runs.

There are maybe two teams in the league that I feel the Niners would beat no question. Raiders and Jags. Everyone else is a scary team right now

HEYYYYYYYY!!!!! Waitasecond!  That's not fair...to the Jags.

Sigh.