DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL - WEEK FOUR

RIPPA

I don't see how he is wrong.  

Everyone knows that Goodell and the NFL are not being truthful.  Their narrative has more holes than swiss cheese but I bet there was a huge discussion behind the scenes before the podcast.

He may be doing this for publicity as well but it needed to be said.

I don't think it's his message that people are debating; it's that he took it to the level of "Suspend me, I dare you"; which is a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Simmons did it knowing how it'd play out and wanted to stoke the Goodell/ESPN hate-furnace. It was a calculated move.

And that's coming from someone who generally enjoys Simmons' yammering.

Reading now the story about Morris Claiborne walking out. Not sure why it took so long to bench him. He was the worst cornerback I have ever seen in a game during his rookie season. Neck and neck with Winston Justice for worst performances ever in games I've watched

They haven't really had anyone to put in place of him.  I don't think Scandrick is any better.  He hasn't been good by any means but I wouldn't even begin to classify him as among the worst in the league.  He shouldn't be starting though for sure.  When Dallas drafted him I liked that they were trying to fix the problems in their secondary but I wished they would have drafted Janoris Jenkins because he was a cheaper pick and they wouldn't have had to give up anything to get him.  

• Like 1

Why do they HAVE to suspend someone who says "go ahead suspend me"?  FOR WHAT? He didn't actually say something that is worthy of suspension..

For mouthing off to the people in charge.  I feel like it's not a stretch to say that ESPN is organized in an inorganic fashion; there is probably a very strict chain of command and all communication is to flow up it in a nice orderly fashion.  For Simmons to step out of line and call out to the big wigs is a glaring violation of this structure so the only reaction is to bring down the suspension hammer.  If you've set your business up with that sort of communication model it's the only way you have to discourage others from doing it.

That is assuming that Simmons didn't go to the big wigs from the start and be like "bro, I got a great way to work the marks bro; I'm going to shoot on you bro!"

Didn't watch the South Park episode on the Redskins name last night but I did see on Twitter that apparently they did a real rush job and replaced all the RG3 stuff with Kirk Cousins.  Talk about a quick turn around   :lol:

Also apparently CBS is hyping tonight game as "The Giants vs Washington"  which is pissing people off in this area as well

South Park manages to always have a real quick turn around when needed, they referenced the score to the Eagles/Redskins game from this past weekend as well.  Why they are the only show on TV that pulls that off on a regular basis I dunno but it helps them stay topical.

South Park manages to always have a real quick turn around when needed, they referenced the score to the Eagles/Redskins game from this past weekend as well. Why they are the only show on TV that pulls that off on a regular basis I dunno but it helps them stay topical.

From my understanding the reason for South Parks quick turn around is mostly do to it being computer animated

Why do they HAVE to suspend someone who says "go ahead suspend me"?  FOR WHAT? He didn't actually say something that is worthy of suspension..

Well, the damning thing for Simmons was using the word "liar".  You really can't throw that word out there without expecting some comeuppance.

South Park manages to always have a real quick turn around when needed, they referenced the score to the Eagles/Redskins game from this past weekend as well.  Why they are the only show on TV that pulls that off on a regular basis I dunno but it helps them stay topical.

Very cheap computer animation.

They did a special once on how they get an episode ready in a week.  Interesting to watch.

Apparently everything is in the building; animation, sound studio, and the writers.  They cut corners on the animation which is why it can be done so fast.  

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/ideas-commentary/6-days-to-air-reveals-south-parks-insane-production-schedule-67657.html