DVDVR Message Board

TNA Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 10/8-10/15-10/22

Tapings from 9/17 for the rest of 10/8

TNA Impact Wrestling

*Tyrese (Brodus Clay) def. Shark Boy

*Bobby Roode def. Austin Aries, Eric Young, & Jeff Hardy in a number one contenders match.

*Havok def. Madison Rayne to retain the knockouts championship

*Samoa Joe def. Gunner via submission. After the match, Samuel Shaw snapped and turned on Gunner

Tapings from 9/18 for 10/15 and beyond

*Taped for Xplosion: Mr. Anderson & Chris Melendez def. The BroMans

TNA Impact Wrestling taped 9/18

*MVP & Kenny King cut a promo. They announce that there is a tag team tournament to crown the next number one contenders.

*Samoa Joe & Low Ki def. MVP & Kenny King when Joe made King submit to advance in the tag team tournament.

*Bram cut a promo talking about Abyss & Devon. Bram brings out Magnus and says they are united against their enemies. Devon comes out and talks about ECW and being near Philly. Devon says Bully's not here so instead brings out Tommy Dreamer. They brawl with Devon & Dreamer getting the upper hand and standing tall.

*The Hardyz def. Tyrese & Ethan Carter III after the Twist of Fate and Swanton on Tyrese, to advance in the tag team tournament

*The Beautiful People def. Madison Rayne & Taryn Terrell when Madison turned on Taryn and walked out

*James Storm came out and cut a promo, saying a storm is coming. Storm wants to invite another into his revolution and calls out Davey Richards. Storm talks to Davey about partners holding people back. Eddie Edwards interrupts and tries to stop Storm. Davey gets mad and says he can talk for himself. This leads to a match between Storm & Edwards

*James Storm def. Eddie Edwards after capitalizing on the Wolves arguing.

*Samuel Shaw cuts a promo with Brittany about turning on Gunner. Shaw and Brittany make out in the ring until Gunner interrupts. Gunner calls them creepy bastards and gets into a brawl with Shaw until Brittany uses a low blow. Shaw chokes out Gunner then continues making out with Brittany.

*Bobby Roode def. Lashley to become the new TNA Worlds Heavyweight Champion in a match where Kurt Angle was guest referee.

More assumed to be taped for 10/22

*Havok def. Gail Kim after a chokeslam to retain the knockouts championship

*Rockstar Spud came out for a promo. Ethan Carter III & Tyrese interrupt to attack until Eric Young made the save.

*Devon & Tommy Dreamer def. Bram & Magnus in a hardcore match

*New TNA Champion Bobby Roode comes out for a promo until he's interrupted by MVP, Kenny King, & Lashley. They end up setting up Roode vs MVP for next week.

*The Hardyz def. Samoa Joe & Low Ki in the tag team tournament finals to become the #1 contenders to the tag team titles.

Their running a breakup angle/dissension angle with the Wolves already? Are we sure Russo is still not there? and having Tyrese eat a pinfall in his second match, I understand wanting to protect EC3 but why not just book two other dudes so your new bodyguard/muscle for EC3 doesn't take a pin in his first real match (I;m assuming the Shark Boy match will be a squash).

You know people always complain about the WWE random name generator but 'Tyrese'?  Yuck!

I mean when you google 'Tyrese', you're going to get page after page of Tyrese Gibson...you know the guy who for several years was only known as 'Tyrese'.

It's like naming a wrestler Fabio.  Or Prince. 

Wait a second - did they run a #1 contenders tournament with out finishing the actual tag title BFG lite deal?

Or did I just miss the Full Metal Mayhem match results in all these spoilers

EDIT:

From Dave yesterday

--The final match of the Wolves vs. Team 3-D vs. Hardys series, a Full Metal Mayhem match, will not be at Bound for Glory, but will be taped tomorrow night in Bethlehem, PA.  The winners will be TNA tag team champions.

So that means they are taping out of order... so you either making the champs

- a team with a guy who may or may not have agreed to a short term contract

- a team teasing breaking up

- a team you just named the #1 contenders

• Like 2

Nobody seems to have the energy to bitch about the post-BFG world title change being taped a month in advanced. When even perennial internet dwellers don't care enough to complain, it's truly over. 

Source?

The opening post...?

Lashley vs Roode was taped for after BFG, right? Or am I misreading?

I think their plan is to stretch what they're taping this week all the way to January 2015.  Then depending on their domestic TV situation, either tape new material then or just do clip shows leading up to their European tour.

Seems like the plan for their biggest PPV of the year is to just let Wrestle-1 sort it out.

Their running a breakup angle/dissension angle with the Wolves already? Are we sure Russo is still not there?

They've been there since like February, I think.  They could've turned on each other, gotten new partners, turned on those partners, reunited, broken up again, put the rights to the word 'wolf' on a pole, reunited, and had a wedding in a steel cage and that's just during the first set of tapings, bro.

After Seth Rollins turned on The Shield, I remember half-joking that Davey Richards with his two-toned hair probably would've turned on Eddie Edwards that week if Impact hadn't been taped so far ahead already.

^ Plus people who are currently champions pretending that they aren't champions fighting people who are no longer champions.pretending they're still champions. Which only pales to people pretending to still be with the company when they aren't. Incredible.

• Like 3

I'm not sure they'll do any title matches at BFG. Didn't Muta nix a Sanada X-Division defence when he lost the belt at a TV taping?

Yeah, Muto was going to challenge for the X-Division Title but Sanada lost it on a taping.  TNA told Muto it was cool because the title change wouldn't air until after W-1's event.  Which might've worked in 1994 but it's 2014 and spoilers get to Japan too.  So W-1 just did Muto vs. Sanada non-title since nobody in the match had a title anymore.

They could edit out the entrances for guys who haven't lost their titles on TV yet and the US commentators can pretend like they're still champs.  That'd be pretty jank though.  Probably better to just acknowledge stuff that hasn't aired on TV yet.  It's not like TNA is even going to bother promoting this on Impact.

W-1's title tournament should be over by the time BFG rolls around.  If Masakatsu Funaki wins they could do champion vs. champion with Roode in a rematch from the Global Impact PPV.  I thought it was the best match on that card.

Maybe a Lethal Lockdown-style cage match with Storm's Wyatt Family vs. Team Muta.  Other than that, I don't know.  I could watch Lashley vs. Low Ki so they should book that.  And they gotta get The BroMans on the card since the Japanese fans reacting to Robbie E was the second best thing on the Global Impact PPV.

• 2 weeks later...

Did I see this correctly? Tommy Dreamer is in a match on tv in 2014? I guess the logical question would be, "Whatever Happened to Gorgeous George?" he'd only be 100-something, bet he could still go...