DVDVR Message Board

Controversial movie/TV opinions

Reed

It's easily behind The Terminator (the perfect blend of sci-fi action and slasher films), T2, and T:TSCC.

Alright, my turn to get all controversial:

The Terminator is the worst movie in the series.  Yeah, I said it.  

Now, in my defense...

I saw it long after I'd seen T2.  And T3, I think.  So some of the storyline and "first time for a series" coolness is lost.  Combine that with the low budget sound and special effects and you end up with a "meh" movie compared to the all-time-greatness that is T2 and the "yeah, that was fun" that is T3 and T4.

Frasier was and is a substantially better show than Seinfeld and the passage of time only widens the gap.

Frasier was better than Cheers, a show that suffered greatly from the death of Nicholas Colasanto and the departure of Shelley Long and only remained watchable for the banter with the bar patrons, including Frasier and Lilith. Seinfeld just straight up sucks.

• Like 1

Note: The person called "Tabe" does not speak for and has no affiliation with Tabedozatm Enterprises.

He is allowed to use the name "Tabe" under specific circumstances as outlined in a sealed legal settlement governed by a non-disclosure agreement.

We are now taking pre-orders for the 2015 Tabedoza Meter Calendars.  Enjoy twelve solid months of only the finest iconic moments from films and television shows rating between a 7.08 and a 7.2 on the Tabedoza Meter.  This includes four films from the AFI's Top 50 films of all time, all of which are roughly 0.7 to 0.16 better than the DEXTER series finale.

I have never said this out loud but here goes....

I like King of Queens.

I'll watch a King of Queens re-run on TBS every once and awhile. However, I was introduced to the show during the final three seasons around the time Leah Remini got pregnant and got covered up every episode. That was when the show became Everybody Loves Raymond on steroids. Doug got skinny and Carrie became more of an ungrateful bitch than she already was. It walked the line between semi-watchable and a few chuckles to just a horrific mess.

^ hey speaking of which, is there anyone who agrees that Everybody Loves Raymond is the worst sitcom ever to get as many accolades as it got?

Also, after reminiscing about Bruh Man with a co-worker today I'm reminded that my favorite sitcom of the 90's is probably Martin. If nothing else, it's really the one sitcom I can think of that got Hip-Hop right...

^ hey speaking of which, is there anyone who agrees that Everybody Loves Raymond is the worst sitcom ever to get as many accolades as it got?The

Also, after reminiscing about Bruh Man with a co-worker today I'm reminded that my favorite sitcom of the 90's is probably Martin. If nothing else, it's really the one sitcom I can think of that got Hip-Hop right...

That final season in 97 with coked up Martin Lawrence and minus Tisha Campbell in every episode except the finale is is brutally bad. I think the combination of drugs, the sexual harrassment thing with Tisha, the ego trip, and all of Martin's other personal problems made the show painfully unfunny at the end. Just UPN fodder on a bigger platform. They went even as far as having a terrible Pam spinoff episode with Jenna von Oy and Tyrese.

With all that said, no black sitcom since has been able to replicate the success of all the seasons prior to 1997. The difference between many of those shows is Martin was Kevin Hart before Kevin Hart when the show first started. He was a movie star when the show came to an end. High as a mink coat, but a star nonetheless. The other standups like Tracy Morgan, D.L., and Damon got shows when they were 35+ and already had some sort of notoriety. Plus, those shows veered into corny territory pretty fast.

• Like 1

You're just reminding me that Blankman doesn't come on TV enough anymore.

Damon Jr. already has had more successful projects at 31 than his father did at the same age. Damon Sr. was 31 when Last Boy Scout came out. Prior to that, he was just a moderately successful standup doing cameos in all the movies Keenan was associated with and In Living Color (created by Keenan). Who says nepotism doesn't work?

Note: The person called "Tabe" does not speak for and has no affiliation with Tabedozatm Enterprises.

He is allowed to use the name "Tabe" under specific circumstances as outlined in a sealed legal settlement governed by a non-disclosure agreement.

We are now taking pre-orders for the 2015 Tabedoza Meter Calendars.  Enjoy twelve solid months of only the finest iconic moments from films and television shows rating between a 7.08 and a 7.2 on the Tabedoza Meter.  This includes four films from the AFI's Top 50 films of all time, all of which are roughly 0.7 to 0.16 better than the DEXTER series finale.

tumblr_inline_mu04ggyEu71rqylyo.jpg

^ hey speaking of which, is there anyone who agrees that Everybody Loves Raymond is the worst sitcom ever to get as many accolades as it got?

Right'chere. Fuck Ray Romano and his show full of the most fucking unpleasant people you could ever spend 30 minutes with.

• Like 3

I have never said this out loud but here goes....

I like King of Queens.

The first several years are pretty good. Then Leah Remini morphs into a a clone of Raymond's wife and becomes completely unlikable.

There are plenty of sequels that are better than the original, but people overlook them or come in biased and end up hating them.  Aliens vs Predator 2: Requiem is a shining example of that.  So is Hatchet 2.  Ghost Rider: Spirits of Vengeance and Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer are better than their reputations suggest.