DVDVR Message Board

This Week In NFL Stupidity

hammerva

Fox News has y'all in check today.

Responding to the video, Fox host Brian Kilmeade on Monday blasted the victims of domestic violence, criticizing Palmer (now Janay Rice) and other women who don’t break up with their partner after a domestic violence incident, saying they send a “terrible message.”

Kilmeade then proceeded to provide mocking advice to Palmer, quipping, “I think the message is, take the stairs.” Co-host Steve Doocey gamely joined in, “The message is, when you’re in an elevator, there’s a camera.”

• Like 1

Am I the only one who thinks the video shouldn't matter?  Everyone knew that he knocked his wife unconscious months ago, why is everyone up in arms now?  We knew this is what happened, whether or not we watched him do it should be irrelevant. 

No it shouldn't matter. People see videos like that and get emotional. Seemed obvious what happened months ago. I don't know if it is just a lack of imagination but it does seem odd that the uproar only starts now.

I doubt Rice gets signed again. If he were a star quarterback maybe. Running backs just don't have as much value anymore. Plus a team can just look at his 3.1 yards per carry last year as another reason to write him off.

Am I the only one who thinks the video shouldn't matter?  Everyone knew that he knocked his wife unconscious months ago, why is everyone up in arms now?  We knew this is what happened, whether or not we watched him do it should be irrelevant. 

No it shouldn't matter. People see videos like that and get emotional. Seemed obvious what happened months ago. I don't know if it is just a lack of imagination but it does seem odd that the uproar only starts now.

I doubt Rice gets signed again. If he were a star quarterback maybe. Running backs just don't have as much value anymore. Plus a team can just look at his 3.1 yards per carry last year as another reason to write him off.

Well, we all know he can hit the target and I'll let myself out now.

• Like 1

Responding to the video, Fox host Brian Kilmeade on Monday blasted the victims of domestic violence, criticizing Palmer (now Janay Rice) and other women who don’t break up with their partner after a domestic violence incident, saying they send a “terrible message.”

Kilmeade then proceeded to provide mocking advice to Palmer, quipping, “I think the message is, take the stairs.” Co-host Steve Doocey gamely joined in, “The message is, when you’re in an elevator, there’s a camera.”

This actually happened.

That's something.

Well I don't want to be part of ever defending Fox News and their shtick against women, I do agree that if Janay Rice wasn't so helpful in this whole mess after the fact by apologizing for reason I have no idea why and then asking for leniency from Goddell then maybe the punishment would have been worse.   I personally never understood this "stand by your man" bullshit that some women do.  But she has her reasons I guess

I agree with the sentiment, but the video is a huge smoking gun and we live in a social media crazed, ADHD immediate gratification culture.  

It also symbolizes how poorly handled and embarrassing this whole situation is and honestly I think at every angle.  

Apparently - Mike Florio said that Janay asked for leniency because "the revenue would go away"

That is third hand Twitter but it did come from Doug Farrar who I trust so... yeah

Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons  44m

Goodell's ability to keep screwing up signature decisions is unparalleled. I don't trust him to organize a fast-food order at this point.

He also said that if the Ravens don't waive Rice they are cowards.   If I was the Ravens I would waive him because of what he did and because it looks like he hit the running back wall.   

meanwhile Greg hardy of the Panthers is  biting his nails to the core with all of this guns because as far as I know they still haven't made a decision on that one.

Not that i disagree with him, but you know Simmons would be saying something else if it was a Patriot. . .

Nah, Simmons has an anti-NFL agenda now since he got it into his head that the NBA has a shot at supplanting them as the number one pro sports league in the US.

And let's not forget what a bastion of sensitivity Simmons is given that a Grantland story lead to a transgender killing herself.

So yeah, Simmons can fuck himself too.

• Like 7

I guess we should be thankful there weren't any "if she had been home in the kitchen where she belonged, she wouldn't have gotten hit at all" jokes from these Fox News toad boys.

• Like 1

Boy everyone is trying to sneak in their news now.

Besides the Penn State thing - NJ just announced it was going to allow sports betting.

AND YOU HAVE A NEWS STORY TO BURY!

NBA has to be glad for this with the Bruce Levenson deal with the Atlanta Hawks.  Perhaps the USC drama will die down much more quickly than it would have otherwise.

The professional football, baseball, basketball and hockey leagues, as well as the National Collegiate Athletic Association, all opposed New Jersey's effort to legalize sports betting, saying it could give the appearance that the integrity of the games has been compromised. An NFL spokesman declined comment; the other leagues and the NCAA did not immediately return messages Monday.

Know what else compromises the integrity of your games?

• Like 1

Boy everyone is trying to sneak in their news now.

Besides the Penn State thing - NJ just announced it was going to allow sports betting.

...and in other news, the Air Force announced that there have been aliens held at Area 51 for the past 60 years. We'll be back after this with more information about the Ray Rice case.

Well, since according to the NCAA, 2 years is "remarkable progress", Ray just had to not hit anyone for a couple years and all will be forgiven, right?

Nothing to see or hear about a former trustee and Governor having a difficult re-election campaign.  

Just drive through, no looky loos.