DVDVR Message Board

Raw 9-1-14

MGFanJay

I've always sworn that I'd never be one of those "judge by the recap" guys, but, my God, I do not regret my decision to spend the night watching Nitro at ALL.

So you are the guy with the "I could be watching Nitro at home . .  for just 9.99"  sign in the front row  :D

I'm still trying to figure out the thought process of Cena begging to tag into the match and cleaning house in an effort to prove to HHH/Steph that he's worthy of his upcoming title shot...only to tag out and let someone else get the win.

I was trying to figure out what he was trying to prove by staying out of the entire match and only tagging in at the finish to hit his moves-o-doom.

Stephanie McMahon recently wrote a letter on the WWE website, inviting Michael Sam to WWE Raw next week. Below is what she had to say:

“Exhibiting class and dignity rarely shown in professional sports, WWE invites you to next Monday’s RAW to speak of your struggles to succeed, lessons you have learned along the way, the courage it takes to be yourself and the prospects of your continued journey.

You are a role model, who by example can encourage everyone to stand up and openly be themselves.”

Signed,

Stephanie McMahon

CBO, WWE

Stephanie McMahon recently wrote a letter on the WWE website, inviting Michael Sam to WWE Raw next week. Below is what she had to say:

“Exhibiting class and dignity rarely shown in professional sports, WWE invites you to next Monday’s RAW to speak of your struggles to succeed, lessons you have learned along the way, the courage it takes to be yourself and the prospects of your continued journey.

You are a role model, who by example can encourage everyone to stand up and openly be themselves.”

Signed,

Stephanie McMahon

CBO, WWE

Next week: Billy and Chucky return!

• Like 2

Signed,

Stephanie McMahon

CBO, WWE

Reading this made me actively uncomfortable. 

• Like 1

I'd be a lot less worried about what WWE would do if he showed and a lot more worried about the fans reaction. At BEST they'd "what" him the whole time. Depending on where Raw is next week it might be something considerably worse.

We're a fairly forward thinking bunch here, but most wrestling fans I know in reality are already starting with the "gay agenda" and "why are they making a big deal out of this guy?" stuff.

• Like 1

You know what would be great? Is if at the end of hour 1, Michael Sam comes out, talks about what it's like to come out, what it's like to persevere, and to never give up. That's it. End of story.

Then John Cena has a promo at some point and talks about he'll never give up. Yeah, TOTALLY different circumstances, but I could see this happening. And honestly, compared to some other outcomes, I think that's far more acceptable than anything else WWE could do.

This Michael Sam thing could be disastrous (assuming it actually happens). If Raw needs a guest star, give Lawler a shovel and have him dig up Frank Gorshin. 

Exhibiting class and dignity rarely shown in professional sports, WWE invites you to next Monday’s RAW to speak of your struggles to succeed, lessons you have learned along the way, the courage it takes to be yourself and the prospects of your continued journey.

Signed,
Stephanie McMahon
CBO, WWE

Post-15337-Christian-Bale-confused-gif-H

• Like 1

I think Sam will be signed to someone's practice roster by the time next Monday rolls around, so he won't be in Baltimore for Raw, unless he signs with the Ravens or Washington, I guess.

Pretty ordinary show last night. Rusev and Henry going after each other was great, and I like the Rhodes Boys heel turn so far. Miz using stand-ins and makeup people at ringside amuses me far too much.

I've always sworn that I'd never be one of those "judge by the recap" guys, but, my God, I do not regret my decision to spend the night watching Nitro at ALL.

So you are the guy with the "I could be watching Nitro at home . .  for just 9.99"  sign in the front row  :D

PWI says that guy was kicked out of the building. After being asked to put away the sign but didn't. Pretty funny considering WWE owns Nitro now. 

I think Sam will be signed to someone's practice roster by the time next Monday rolls around, so he won't be in Baltimore for Raw, unless he signs with the Ravens or Washington, I guess.

Pretty ordinary show last night. Rusev and Henry going after each other was great, and I like the Rhodes Boys heel turn so far. Miz using stand-ins and makeup people at ringside amuses me far too much.

Sounds like Dallas is going to sign him to their practice squad, assuming he passes a physical tomorrow.

Listening to ESPN and a few other sports talk stations, it sounds like (A) most sportscasters think him appearing on RAW next week would be a bad idea; and ( B ) he probably had no idea beforehand WWE would extend the offer.

Steph's letter says the right things, but lays it on so thick it made my skin crawl.

• Like 1

So you are the guy with the "I could be watching Nitro at home . . for just 9.99" sign in the front row :D

A fan was kicked out of Raw for holding a "I Could Be Home Watching Nitro for $9.99" sign at the show. That fan has now posted to Reddit slamming WWE for kicking him out. The fan said that security threatened to arrest him, tried to get his ID and accused them of bullying him

"I got threatened with arrest. They tried getting my id for records. Fuck the entire company. They kicked me out because of the sign. It's fine that I got kicked out but trying to bully me. Bring it. The piece of shit guy in the suit with the WWE logo on his suit is a little bitch yes man for Vince. They threatened me with everything in the the book and I walked out of the arena on my own will. Fuck Vince trips and Steph suck my fucking dick you cunts"

"They came up to me at about 9pm and we're like give me the signs. I was like which one. They took one of the three I had and walked away 2 minutes later came back with a big black guy in a suit and asked me to follow them. Which I didn't told them to fuck off. Which they threatened me with arrest and I laughed in their face. After about 5 minutes of time being assholes I walked to th e area where they sell everything and tried talking to them. All I got was surrounded by dick heads in suits telling me WWE didn't like me and wanted me gone. I refused to leave and begged them to bring the Des Moines police department so I could be taken to jail and they wouldn't. I walked down out on my own free will after being fed up with the bullshit Fuck the WWE and their bullying"

In internet stories the guy telling it is always like 'And I was like FUCK YOU BITCH!!! And he didn't do anything and I just laughed in his face HAHAHA!!! and I totally told him I was right and he was all "We don't like you" and I just kicked him in the nuts and everyone was totally laughing with me too and Vince was all "You can't do that" and I fucking called the cops myself and then they got scared cuz I know all my rights and I was like "Fuck stef too" and HHH couldn't do shit! and I'm done with thsi stupid comapny forvever and they will be texting me soon to ask me to forgive them because of my boycott Im doing on there stock price.

• Like 8