DVDVR Message Board

SEPT WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

So rumblings online are Brock's opponent after Cena at NoC will be Big Show. That is disappointing. Why do they plug Big Show into these roles every fall? If they need Brock to toss around a big dude please give me Brock vs Khali. I'd like to see that. Brock selling the chop like its a death move would be glorious, as would him tossing Khali around. Seriously, he more I think of this,the more I want to see Brock vs Khali. The promos would be glorious, the match would be a freak show, it'd be awesome.

Plus, I think it could be Khali's best match ever with Heyman building heat and Brock being Brock. What is Khali's best match? HHH from SummerSlam 2008? Cena from ONS 2007? Dammit Vince, give me Brock vs Khali. This is the one Khali match I will pay to see.

Goddamnit, my Henry vs. Brock dream match is right there!

Russo is probably the last person in pro wrestling I would want to have to interact with to be honest. Maybe in another fifteen years and even then not to hear him shill a fantasy league. I'm not saying we'd be better off with Marty Jannetty sitting around the campfire telling us about drugging stewardesses in broken English but it would be close. Some people just don't deserve this place.

• Like 7

I guess I'm the only one that's fine with Big Show-Brock - it makes sense from a storyline standpoint because of what happened at the Royal Rumble, and it's one of the few remaining bigger names that Brock can squash to look unstoppable. They shouldn't give away Reigns, Ambrose, or even Cesaro yet. Henry's being fed to Rusev and is probably too banged up to put in there with Brock anyway. Dolph would be fun to watch but wouldn't really do Dolph any favors. Sheamus is the only one that I think would be a better option.

• Like 3

The problem with Big Show vs Brock is that it's fine, but it's not good. I don't have any problems with it, and I think it'll be a good match and they can really play up Show wanting revenge from January, but it's a very conservative move when maybe they should be making more daring ones.

Sheamus works better and is a fresh match up. Especially if they do it at Hell in a Cell, either Sheamus loses the US title and challenges for the World title or you get World Champion vs US Champion. Besides, the Bro Kick could conceivably be built up again as a threat to drop Brock. Sheamus hasn't had much to do all year.

So this is something I've been working on, hope it is alright to post it here:

http://www.coloradoindies.com/

It is essentially a site designed to help Colorado Independent Wrestling get noticed since essentially most people don't realize it exists. I'm hoping I can find a few fanboys in the area to recreate the magic that our DVDVR playaz used to do with their road reports but alas, nobody has stepped up to the plate in that aspect :P

Cena is a crutch to the development of a new company ace. When you have a guy on top for a decade who is drawing fairly well and selling tons of merch it's very easy to be lazy. 

But when you're lazy for such a long period, you've instructed the audience and the wrestlers that the top spot available in the company is a feud with Cena.  

And if you make it to the top and get to feud with Cena you may score a flukey victory, but you will eventually lose the feud. 

Outside of Brock, Rock and maybe Taker, no one is presented as being in Cena's league.

At times, WWE will think this is a quick fix and try to create a new Cena.  They will strap the rocket ship to a Sheamus or a Reigns and let them run roughshod over the heels in the company.

This typically fails because WWE is oblivious to why the fans are so indifferent to Cena. It's only partly because he's cheesy and kid oriented. It's also because people are sick of the invincible face at the top of the card routine. 

Just to clarify (since the board was slow in uploading the post) - Will Smith is reacting to the notion of Vince Russo as board poster.

Though I guess he would work for Sheamus too

Though this really would be more approriate for the Sheamus thought

reynoldsbigtime.gif

• Like 2

tlk23, on 21 Aug 2014 - 08:50 AM, said

:snapback.png

Bryan will be back for Wrestlemania and likely the Rumble, which is still 5 months away.The neck is fine, just doesn't have all the feeling in his right hand.

QUOTE Seattle Yannigan, on 21 August 2014 - 09:05 AM

Oh cool, well all speculation can end now, thanks.

- After last week's news that Daniel Bryan doesn't need another surgery, WWE is hoping to get him back by Survivor Series. There is some concern backstage that Bryan is not completely healthy, however. WWE doesn't want to risk another injury with Bryan when he comes back, so they could wait longer until he's completely ready to go.