DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

How long til they rename someone in developmental 9.99?

I look forward to the feud between Nina Tenine and the evil D.I.S.H. faction that wants to take over NXT so they can get it dropped from the Network's schedule. 

• Like 1

Out of all the people in ROH, Bennett & Elgin aren't the names that come to mind when I think of people WWE would be interested in. I could see Maria again, while she's still young & beautiful. I like Bobby Fish but WWE already have both Enzo Amore & Simon Gotch, whom I think fill that role. I would say Silas Young but he's already apparently 34-years-old.

I can definitely see WWE being super stoked over Moose though. 6'5", 295lbs & an ex-NFL player? That's pretty much always exactly what they're looking for.

EDIT: Maria is 32. She's older than I thought but still looks great.

Edited by Skelemania

Oh, how I missed this.

I had a friend who was a huge mark for Rob Conway and Chris Masters in 2005-2006. What a weird twosome to have as your favorite two guys.

My cousin loved The Heart Throbs because of their entrance and the funny little dance they used to do. He would watch Heat at silly times here (UK) to catch them and was completely convinced that they were going to stick around for years based on that entrance.

hahaha, yeah, it's still a pretty great little dance.

Edited by Domino_Not_Deuce

Oh, how I missed this.

I had a friend who was a huge mark for Rob Conway and Chris Masters in 2005-2006. What a weird twosome to have as your favorite two guys.

My cousin loved The Heart Throbs because of their entrance and the funny little dance they used to do. He would watch Heat at silly times here (UK) to catch them and was completely convinced that they were going to stick around for years based on that entrance.

hahaha, yeah, it's still a pretty great little dance.

Reminds me of:

Just to add to the "Never thought I'd see that happen" part of the Steen signing, Stone Cold and Rock tweeting about it is blowing my mind.  Kind of makes me sit back and go "Shit, this is crazy."  I'm glad I got that picture with Steen a few months ago.  Always liked what he did and seems like a nice guy, so good for him.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/superstars-tweet-about-kevin-steen-signing-26564817

I no longer have favorites in wrestling.  Got tired of being disappointed, so I just decided to not emotionally invest in anyone any more.

That's when your favorites ought to become Buddy Rose and Nick Bockwinkel. They're out there waiting for you.

• Like 2

I no longer have favorites in wrestling.  Got tired of being disappointed, so I just decided to not emotionally invest in anyone any more.

That's when your favorites ought to become Buddy Rose and Nick Bockwinkel. They're out there waiting for you.

Yep, most of my favorites are deceased or retired.  Very little chance I'll be let down by Rick Rude or Macho Man.

Ric Flair is a different matter altogether, of course.

Orton was fine feuding with Daniel Bryan, and fine in the Evolution vs Shield feud. It's a problem that Orton can't get someone over like that, but the reason you're losing interest in Roman Reigns is that he's not good enough yet to be a main-event singles wrestler.

• Like 2

Eh, for me, pretty sure it's cause Randy Orton is as entertaining as watching grass grow. He's boring, stale & horribly over-exposed. He purposely moves in slow motion (that damn slithering viper, coiled & ready to strike, stalking his prey~!) & his matches are nothing but headlocks. He fucking sucks. And this feud with Reigns is gonna kill Reigns. He'll be just another vanilla, interchangeable guy after having a 20-minute bore-a-thon at the PPV.

• Like 1

I definitely like old stuff and indy stuff more than the current mainstream product.  I'll probably cave and get the Network eventually, but I'd probably just watch old WCW/NWA stuff.  I have a better time hanging out at local indy shows than I do watching any of the televised wrestling shows.