DVDVR Message Board

2014 WORLD CUP THREAD

RIPPA

Okay since we are ignorant US soccer fans, is it too soon to assume that the fix is in?

All the bullshit that goes on in the NBA and the NFL and this gets brought up here?

Oh I don't think so but most of us has never seen an ass whipping this bad against Brazil of all teams

Okay since we are ignorant US soccer fans, is it too soon to assume that the fix is in?

All the bullshit that goes on in the NBA and the NFL and this gets brought up here?

Oh I don't think so but most of us has never seen an ass whipping this bad.

Especially at this level and on such a global stage.

Until tonight usually it was for the US matches that this thread was most active and most fun during the World Cup. This shit was bonkers.

Probably not going to be much fun for these Brazilian players for at least the next, I dunno, 50 years though.

Class of the Brazilian fans to applaud after Schürrle's second.

A fine mixture of terrific interplay among German attackers and brutal, brutal defensive pressure and coverage from Brazilian defenders. Thiago Silva has been the best CB on the planet for a few years now and today reinforces just how crucial he is.

This entire Brazilian team (bar Silva and Neymar) will be Barbosas for the rest of their lives. Unlike him, though, they'll be filthy rich and live wherever they want.

• Like 1

Dude on BBC is talking about the 1950 team again and how they were never forgiven and were made to never forget losing. I recall hearing the 1950 keeper was banned from going to the '94 World Cup final because he was considered a bad omen.

That team was narrowly beaten in the final. 

This team...

UNREAL! So happy for Reise Reise and all the other Germany supporters here! I thought Germany had a good chance to win this but never expected a 7-1 scoreline at the end. Wow! So much history and rivalry in either Germany vs Argentina or Germany vs Netherlands final! So excited to see who joins Germany in the finals. Congratulations to Reise Reise and all the German supporters here!